close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin 12-5-04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TxTransplant, Dec 5, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

After several weeks of anxious waiting Archman finally PM'd that the fish were in good enough for me to make the trip up to his HONEY HOLE! Joel (Archman) really took care of this old man. All I had to bring was my waders and a camera. He supplied the pole, bait and the honey hole with the fish. Things started off pretty bad. !st of my casts was into a tree. This took about 15 mins to get out. Second cast bird nested and with it being dark and no flashlight I just set the pole down. Joels first cast tangled around the pole and went no where. He turned on his head lamp and got the mess out of both poles. Now the fishing started!
    I caught 3 in the next couple hours and Joel just landed them for me. He couldn't buy a bite. Three nice fish and one of which went about 30 inches and 10+ lbs......My first steelhead trip and I got a fish Ohio!! Whoop-EEEEE!!
    Things went dead for about and hour or so when Joel decided to pull out the secret weapon.....4 fish landed by him in about 45 mins!!
    What a beautiful day and what a blast!! Thanx Joel!! He will post pics soon as I get his email and send them to him. Bummer of the day was the fish Ohio picture Joel had my camera on video clip instead of picture. Hopefully someone on here will know how to get a pic off of it for me. That Archman KNOWS his stealhead!! All Fish were released safe to fight again!

Gene

2. Gene, I'm glad you made it up and got into a few. I was hoping for a really great day, but I can live with 7 between us. But then again if you end up getting 10 or so on your first trip, you'd be a little spoiled. :)

Maybe next time we can get out when it's a little colder and we won't have all those yahoos around. I think the next time that guy comes down and starts casting over our bobbers again on purpose, I'll have to cut his spoon off.

3. man, i cannot get over how beautiful these fish are. i cannot wait till i can catch another.

4. Great job guys!!! Congrats on the steelies.

Nice hen, Gene!

5. TxTransplant

If Shake gets a pic off that video clip of the male I got Carl even you will be impressed! I had a blast!

Gene

6. Nice fish guys, I hope to get up there soon, maybe i could get a little help from archman also Maybe if I begg hard enough. good going Gene.

7. TxTransplant

[​IMG]

Fish Ohio fish first trip! What a fish!

Gene

8. Real nice fish Gene. Great job.

9. Hey Gene, congrats on your catch . Thats a beautiful looking male...JIM

10. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

congrats on a nice fish

11. Hey Flash, if Gene can land 3, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to land like 10 :)

12. nice trip. nice catches. glad you guys had fun. arch is a great guy to fish with.

mat