Chagrin 11/21

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by KSUFLASH, Nov 21, 2007.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Fished the chagrin this morning with Archman. Flow was 139cfs when i left the house.

Flow was good, color was good. Fishing could have been better, but we did manage some fish.

Jig/Maggot as well as spawn was working. Bite would turn on, people would lite them up, then 10 minutes later nothing for hours. Rinse and repeat that for the day.

I was glad to have the day off, and get some fish.

All in all both Archman and I got a few. I ended up with 4 fish for the day. Broke off some others, but I had to go to a 4lb leader due to water clarity, hence the added breakoffs.

Water clarity should continue to get better throughout the week. Flow was just about perfect at around 135-139cfs today.

We watched several others on the river today hook into fish as well.

flash-----------------------------------------------out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ben, after I left you I did a little better. I ended up getting 4 more in about an hour. I think we did the right thing, though. I talked to a guy there and he said it was really slow in the morning.

The first fish I caught after I left had this huge gash in it. He didn't put up much of a fight, and then when I released him he was swimming kind of funny. If you look at the picture, from the gash to the head he was dark, and behind the gash he was silver. It's not the light playing tricks on your eyes, that's really how it looked.

It was a good morning to be out. I expected more crowds today, but really, it was kind of light. My last fish might have been the biggest of the season so far.

Attached Files:

3. KSUFLASH

looks like that fish got hit with the prop of a boat....glad you got a few more after we split up.

flash----------------------------out

4. Nice job. I went there yesterday and it was packed.

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Way to go guys.
    I had a decent time at rocky in the short time i was there.
    Hooked up 4 straight drifts. :)
    Small egg sacs was the ticket.

6. KSUFLASH

7. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

Great stuff....looks like fresh steel in the water too!

8. BuzzBob

BuzzBob Take a Dad fishing

Nice video! That water sure looked perfect. Good job.

9. Nice Pics and Video, glad you got into them. I am headed east again this weekend will post a report when I get back. Hey, archman thanks for the PM, great lookin fish!

10. ben go going on the steel. love the video