close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Central Ohio youth football?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, May 18, 2007.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

My son is bugging me to play football now that his first season of soccer is over, and I can't seem to find ANY info anywhere on youth (5-6 year old) football programs. Any ideas? I've beat the net to death and have been asking (YMCA, Jaycees, anywhere I thought might point me in the right direction) to no avail.

I started that young, and I can't help but wonder if it even exists anymore for that age? I'm shocked I can't find any info in the places I've looked.

Brandon

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

If you haven't already check with Columbus Parks and rec. I know they use to have teams that played here at Carriage place. I do know they still do somewhere as my next door neighbors play.

3. I'm not sure where you are located, but Hilliard has a very good flag football program with many teams to play on. They focus on teaching football basics, positions, and let the young kids have fun while learning a little. They will let kids play a variety of positions no matter what size they are and do not keep score for age groups 5-7.

4. Shankdown, Check www.nflyouthfootball.com There might be a team around you on there. The guy next door son use to play on the Vermilion nfl youth flag team about 2 years ago I'm thinking.

Chuck

5. ShakeDown

Thanks guys. I'm actually in the Hilliard school district, so thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Knightwinder...do you know who puts that on?

6. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

sign-ups for that should be in the next couple of weeks for the hilliard football. My youngest daughter does cheerleading and my wife had said that is coming up soon. I'll check with her to find out when, if I'm not mistaken they usualy put the little flyers in the ground around rome-hilliard and cematery soon so keep an eye out.

7. ShakeDown

FLT TUBE...yeah if you could let me know, that would rock. Thanks man!