Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always looking to fish new stretches of river around central Ohio , I wondered if there is some online repository of sites where I can a)legally park my car, and b) easily launch a kayak .

The best resource I have been able to find via google is via the Ohio Division of Watercraft website, it has some maps with some parking info , and boat launch info, but nothing that tells me if a place has easy river access. My yak is a ride 115, which can be a beast to move around so ease of access to a river is always important to me.

·
deleted
3,891 Posts
I assume you used this web site: http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/where-to-boat/rivers-streams/access/ohio-river-basin I have never encountered a launch point from there which wasn't right on the river or creek. They aren't always easy, but they are at the river. If you couple that with Google Satellite, you can also get the scoop on roadside parking, gates, etc.

Wherever you find the launch points on there, use the satellite to check out other possible spots along that route. A lot of the best ones aren't marked.

Sometimes you just got to drive around and get out of the car and look.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Yeah, you'll be able to get your boat to the water on any of those spots marked on the Watercraft map. A few of us haul around 14 foot canoes, and it's always doable. Sometimes you gotta want it just a touch more though...:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts