Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any takers? I was thinking it might be fun for those of us who haunt the Central Ohio forum to get together this summer, maybe sometime in August...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I'm in! Lady time we tried it got to late and people lost interest. Of suggest string a date, time, and place, then sticking to it though.

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in! Lady time we tried it got to late and people lost interest. Of suggest string a date, time, and place, then sticking to it though.

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{
Are you having a stroke?

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
Lol, I'm guessing his had an autocorrect thing on his phone changing the words out.
Autocorrect plus a few beers = good ole time!

I'm in for the shindig. We actually already do 2 of these a year calle the OGF crappie tourneys! Although alot less meet n greet than official function. I like meeting people from the forums.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,717 Posts
I'm up for it, lets pick a date time and the spot

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I am up for it, but like anything depends on when and where....life is busy and extra time is hard to find sometimes

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
I'm in for the shindig. We actually already do 2 of these a year calle the OGF crappie tourneys! Although alot less meet n greet than official function. I like meeting people from the forums.
You will very possibly see a little change to the next years crappie tourneys to include more of a member get together as part of the event. Somewhat of a return to the beginning roots of OGF. More information around the first of the year..

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Ok, I'm back from the hospital.:D As I've said before autocorrect negates the last 8 years of my education.

Sure, I'm in, you just name the time and place!

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
You will very possibly see a little change to the next years crappie tourneys to include more of a member get together as part of the event. Somewhat of a return to the beginning roots of OGF. More information around the first of the year..
I suggested name tags but then started thinking.. I make some pretty controversial comments sometimes LOL! Eh, whatever! I haven't said anything all that bad! :)

Can't wait to hear whats going on!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I suggested name tags but then started thinking.. I make some pretty controversial comments sometimes LOL! Eh, whatever! I haven't said anything all that bad! :)

Can't wait to hear whats going on!
Nametags are actually a good idea. I know the OGF "functions" aka tournaments of any kind that I have attended, you dont know whos OGF, whos not, and you always feel awkward asking. Although, I suppose everyone would be OGF lol. But, its still a funny convo to think about....."Are you Northern1? Yeah! Are you MassillonBuckeye? Yeah!" Grown men just shouldn't have such a conversation.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We could do nametags with real name on and ogf handle...

So what's the preferred venue? Bar, restaurant/bar, park?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
If i'm meeting all you yahoo's I would like to have a beer while I do it! The one last year up north was at a max and ermas and was a great place to meet. not stuck on the place but it was nice to meet, talk, have few beers, grab bite, etc.

Otherwise, lets meet near a place to go fishing before or after, just an idea! J might break out the smoker for this one....

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
+1 for BBQ.

says pitmaster me.
If we go this route, we could nab a shelter at a park that has water close by.

Battelle Darby has a shelter available on Sunday, September 15, from 5 to 10. The only issue, and I forgot about this, is that there is a No Alcohol policy that is strictly enforced...

Or, an OGF could host a BBQ at their place, after fishing. I'd volunteer for this but I don't have the space...

Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts