close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Central Ohio Carpin

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jethro, May 10, 2004.

1. Where would you carp guys suggest for carp fishing near the columbus area. I am located on campus but have access to a car so anywhere will do. I am more concerned with numbers rather than size. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

i don't know much about carpin, but I'm also here at campus and was thinking about trying the olentangy for carp. If you want to give it a shot sometime let me know and we can walk down there and see what happens.

3. if you are on campus I would recomend fishing the olentangy right in front of the two towers. that would be my best recomendation. Really close and you would have all the fishing to yourself and there are probably many that are rather large there. I would see them jump almost continuously when I was in the student center in the evening.

4. hey basspro I just saw your post right before me. I would say go for it man they are in there. I am sure you will be surprised at the size and quantity. Keep it simple and you will do well.

5. i caught three in a row wading between fith and king on the olentangy last year. all three were caught on my ultralight with 4 lb. test and all three took over 20 mins. to land. there are alot of them there and they have some size.

6. i have heard that a lot of nice size carp have been caught sitting on the steps of the cosi and fishing right off there.

all thumbs