close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Central Ohio Bass Clubs

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nickadams, May 19, 2004.

1. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I would like to join some sort of bass fishing club in my area. I have looked around for a while and have seen names of a lot of clubs, but little to no contact information. I just started fishing tournaments this year, and I am having loads of fun. I would at least like to know what some of these clubs have to offer. I don't really know what benefits there are in belonging to a bass club, it just sounds like a lot of fun. So....if anyone belongs to one could you please tell me what all it consists of and a good place to start. Thank you in advance for any info given :)

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Send a PM to Rainer Wolf....he's the pres of Twin Rivers Bassmasters, and they are a great group of guys. He could probably give you a heads up.

3. JBJ

JBJ

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I agree with Shakedown on this one with the exception that I would have to add the Alum Creek Bassmasters also . I have done alot of home work on both these clubs as well as others .

I really like the layout and structure of Twin Rivers and I know alot of members from there . Every one I have met has been really nice also . Even in pot type tournaments , they have been more than willing to help out with info . You could join as a full pledged member or as an associate member from what I have heard . you will need to contact some one from the club and get invited to a meeting a think though .

As far as Alum Creek Bassmasters , I have reserched alot of info about its members and they must be helping each other out alot . I have found that there have been quite a few members from the club advance to other federation qualifying tournaments than most other clubs . I know only a few guys from this club but I will say they have been great to me also .

I feel that clubs are one of the best ways to get more knowledgable about bass fishing . It sure wont hurt you to join one . One thing I will say is that a club can take up alot of time . I know that every club is set up differently , but they all have a set guideline as to things that must be done for the federation . I think most clubs hold around 10 tournaments . I believe that clubs must have an enviormental project and also a youth event every year . Some clubs have adopted a highway that they may clean a couple times per year others even opted to clean parks around lakes . Also some will hold a casting kids event or even have a youth fishing derby . The youth events were always my favorite part of the whole year . Theres nothing like a kid having that much fun doing something that I have so much interest in .:)

I hope that this helps you out and that when you finally join a club that you learn as much as you can .

5. Tilesetter

Tilesetter GET THE NET

Not to get off the subject. But if any information on kids fishing derbys or casting kids events like Hydrasport mentioned I would love to get my son and stepdaughters involved. I hardly have the time to do as much fishing as I would like so clubs are out of the question for me. :D :D

6. Nick,
    There are lots of good things about being in a bass club. For one you're a part of a great big federation. Also, there's doing your part together with your group and others to help the environment. Helping youth get hooked on fishing is a very rewarding good feeling. Meeting others with a strong passion for fishing and outdoors.
    Then there's the competition side. You can fish against club members in club tournaments all around Ohio(most lakes within an hour or so drive usually) and also qualify to fish federation regional tournaments against anglers from all the clubs in the area. Great way, if you care about these things, to become a better fisherman and better other fellow fishers. An awesome opportunity to fish with new people and on & on.
    The website JBJ posted is where it's at. My club still doesn't have a website in there yet, but several do. Definately check it out. Good luck.

7. JBJ

JBJ

There is a "kids day" at Delaware State Park June 19th with the first of 3 sessions to fish starting around 9am. All kids will be supplied with rod/tackle/worms and get to choose a prize after they get a chance to fish.