close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Centerpin Fishing 10/05/05..Awesome Day !!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Fish On, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Went out today in search of new water and I found a stretch of creek that I always wanted to check out since I got permission from the landowner ,walked up stream from the access point about 1/2 mile to see if the fish were even up that high on this stream ( It was hot ) even in breathables , I found a shaded trench full of fish , my travels were over for the day
    I rigged up the Centerpin and ended up hooking 13 and landing 10. the landowner came down to see who was on her property fishing , she Is the nicest old lady , she ended up taking a couple pictures for me

Fish on !!!!!

2. Awsome looking fish man! Save a few for me this weekend!

3. Congrats on the good day. I like the river background much better than the bricks in your other pictures.

More details. Where were the fish - not what stream, but head of the pool, tail of the pool, etc.? What did you use? Those look like 3 year old fish - were they the biggest?

Joel

4. Joel
    The fish were holding in the head of trench up by the faster moving water .
    I used flies ( sucker spawn # 16 white , small nymphs # 16, and single eggs)
    those were not the biggest the biggest was a 29" hen .
    Fish On

5. You guys have better eyes than me because I am spotting no pictures.:confused:

Anyway, it is nice to hear that the fish are starting to cooperate for some folks.

6. Fish On
    Thanks for the info. I won't be able to get up and chase them for a couple of weeks, but I appreciate the info just the same.

Joel

7. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Are you fishing Pa. or Ohio. With that many fish holding in a small area in a stream it sounds like Pa.
    If it was spring time it could be anywhere but it isn't even cold yet.
    By the way those are some nice looking steelies.
    The male has some nice looking color for it being so early in the season.
    Good job.

8. I have been fishing Ohio

9. Could someone enlighten me on where you are finding these pictures? I am not seeing any pictures attached nor any in Fish On's profile. I must be missing something.:confused:

10. I don't know if there is something in your settings you need to change, but, trust me, there are pictures of some nice steelhead posted right in this thread.

11. After viewing the soruce I know what my problem is. I can not get to the "photobucket.com" site which is where he has the pics. I am not sure why but I am thinking it is a router problem with Roadrunner.

I am sorry to sidetrack your post Fish On. Back to the fishing talk.

I guess not seeing the fish is just like what has been happening when I actually go fishing as well.:D