Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Bream Reaper
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just curious if I'll be able to get a cell phone signal to make or get calls while I'm there? I have Verizon & my buddy has Cingular. Anyone ever been able to get a signal at AEP? :confused:

Thanks.

·
AEP or Bust
337 Posts
There is decent reception at Windy Hill, across the lake at K, up on the hill is another area, and a real strong area north off or Rural Dale Road, west of 83.:G

·
Bassin' Buckeye
806 Posts
I have Verizon and when I'm down there I pretty much have signal the entire time, although it gets a little spotty when I'm down in some valleys and ponds tucked away in HEAVY trees. Cingular is very doubtful. I had a buddy with me that had Cingular about a month ago and he had to make all his calls on my phone.

·
AEP or Bust
337 Posts
I forgot to mention that I have Cingullar service. If you are back into some of the lakes and deep in the hills, a bullhorn will the only thing that will work.:D

·
Bubby wanna be
1,105 Posts
if you are on a hill on a sunny day hold one arm in the air stand on one foot with your head cocked sideways you will be fine ...lol....just kidding but it might help...i have verizon and i have no problems on the north and west sides...anything east ans south of camp C is real spotty ans you may have to refer to the above directions

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
As far as my wife knows, there is NO cell phone reception in the entire area!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey just turkey hunter there all last week i have verizon and my dad has cingular we had reception most of the time.. so you should not have a problem finding a signal were you are....goodluck

·
AEP Tuber Association
893 Posts
I know with Nextel you can't get hardly anything down there. I have a Verizon now so we will see.

·
Crick Smallie Fisherman
844 Posts
I have cingular and I did not have a signal at K, but at the top of the hills around K I did. But like Rooster said, the electronic leash does not work past New Lexington. Sorry Honey, nothing I can do about it. See you on Sunday.
BTW I'll be down there this weekend. Anybody else gonna be there?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just got back from AEP this weekend. I have verizon and the only place where i could get reception was buy the ranger station/look out on Rt.83 just north of Camp A.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My wife has cingular and the only place I could get reception was on windy hill, I just got a verizon phone so I haven't got to try it yet

·
Registered
694 Posts
I get a great signal at AEP for some odd reason. I have property in Kimbolton and get a crappy signal there but for some reason I get a Strong one at AEP. Oh..I have Cingular.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have Verizon and it works hit and miss down there, which is better than my old sprint phone which didn't work at all down there. one place it always works is in the parking lot of old man's money. It also usually works on top of windy hill but not always.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts