Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Shoot The Rapids ride at Cedar Point flipped and four were thrown from the train, one was bleeding from the head, and they're having trouble with crowd control. I was listening to my scanner when all of this unfolded!

I used to work as an EMT there and crazy stuff happens over there all the time, but this sounds pretty crazy. I hope nobody got hurt too bad, but I'll bet they get paid!:(

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Man, that's scary. I'm not a big roller coaster fan to begin with and this makes me even less of a fan. Hope everyone's ok.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just seen on Yahoo news that a woman was killed on a ride at 6 Flags in Texas today also. Bad day to go to an amusement park.

·
lovin erie
443 Posts
The Shoot The Rapids ride at Cedar Point flipped and four were thrown from the train, one was bleeding from the head, and they're having trouble with crowd control. I was listening to my scanner when all of this unfolded!

I used to work as an EMT there and crazy stuff happens over there all the time, but this sounds pretty crazy. I hope nobody got hurt too bad, but I'll bet they get paid!:(
had a bad time at cedar point years ago....not with the rides...but, with the food service....the fudge place by the front and by the '50's theme restaurant...johnny rockets?" I think....complained about it and never received a reply from anyone.....not looking to get a free ride....just a reply....haven't been there since

·
Registered
763 Posts
The safety/lap bar didn't latch on the Gemini coaster the last time the wife and I were @ Cedar Point a few years ago. Stupid foreign idiots they had running Gemini didn't bother to check anybody's to see if the bars were secured. Luckily the lap belts held us in. People were yelling at them to stop the coaster but apparently they didn't understand English well. Haven't been back since either.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The safety/lap bar didn't latch on the Gemini coaster the last time the wife and I were @ Cedar Point a few years ago. Stupid foreign idiots they had running Gemini didn't bother to check anybody's to see if the bars were secured. Luckily the lap belts held us in. People were yelling at them to stop the coaster but apparently they didn't understand English well. Haven't been back since either.
thats a REALLY scary situation...with the recent events at the texas six flags.

·
d{>_
519 Posts
My cousins were there that day here is their 1st hand experince:

"What an emotional day at cedar point! Rode shoot the rapids for the first time and heard and awful clunk when we went up the hill. Wasn't sure if that was normal or not? Well it wasn't! The boat after us it broke and fell all the way down the hill and tipped over on its side. We ran and jumped a fence and 15 or so of us tipped the boat up on its side because people were trapped in it! Little kids were stuck and screaming! Most of the lap belts opened up, but not all of them. People were bleeding all over the place from hitting their heads. Eventually employees came and manually released the people stuck. **** hurt her knee and we are all very shook up! Our day is over! Heading home now. Just want to thank our Lord Jesus that no one drowned or was seriously injured. Pretty sure our kids will never want to ride anything in the future after experiencing that first hand!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts