Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I’ve found the LM to be more detailed but the structure is off, meaning that my HB units show my boat in a different spot than where I’m actually sitting. Like in the tree line going up the caesar’s north creek or off the side of a hump I’m directly over. It does that on all three of my helixes and I have the Great Lakes version and the chart select version.

The Navionics has an offset feature that is easy to use to reposition the boat on the map so that’s a plus.

I let my navionics expire so I don’t have the most current map. I don’t know if their mapping has changed over time. The LM has more map options for colors so I prefer to use it over the navionics.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve found the LM to be more detailed but the structure is off, meaning that my HB units show my boat in a different spot than where I’m actually sitting. Like in the tree line going up the caesar’s north creek or off the side of a hump I’m directly over. It does that on all three of my helixes and I have the Great Lakes version and the chart select version.

The Navionics has an offset feature that is easy to use to reposition the boat on the map so that’s a plus.

I let my navionics expire so I don’t have the most current map. I don’t know if their mapping has changed over time. The LM has more map options for colors so I prefer to use it over the navionics.
My navionics has a lot of detail, was curious about the lakemaster.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My navionics has a lot of detail, was curious about the lakemaster.
Not saying the Navionics is bad, I just prefer the LM. My friend has the Navionics on his new Lowrances and they seem more detailed than the card I have. Don’t know why. We used his boat in Minnetonka and since I am was driving it it I got to use the map a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts