Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck at the ceasers creek spillway? What kind of fish species have been caught and what are some good baits to use there? And are the water levels good to fish there? I have never fished the spillway at ceasers creek i figured I would ask about before making the 2 hr drive im also hoping to get some good underwater spillway videos as well i started up a new YouTube channel this year with mostly fishing related videos i got some really good videos of the spillway at brookville lake and some other places the channel is still a work in progress please feel free to check it out Zachs outdoor channel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Honestly I havn't caught much at the spillway. Much of it is shallow. Down stream about a quarter mile is a deeper pool but I struggle to catch anything even there. Not worth the 2 hr drive in my opinion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
stupid young Bass 6-10 in, Blue Gill, Lil Cats, on a good day, with water running for several days.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Better off further downstream IMO outside of winter saugeye days. Note the spillway was closed for construction a couple weeks ago. Not sure if open again...

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I would say on a scale of 1 to 10… My success at the spillway is about a five or six.... mostly smallmouth and largemouth between 10 and 16 inches Using small crank baits

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
For me that spillway is tough for numbers of decent fish. Like most spillways it is a snag fest but a 3" curly tail on a 1/16 or 1/8 oz head os always a good choice. In clear water don't hesitate to use a clear lime or pearl tail if dirtier white, pink and white or even orange can produce.
Blades are a good choice but expect to lose some and I've had good results with the smaller x- raps especially dark , dawn and dusk.
Hopefully we'll get some rain or corps will relaese some water soon which normally improves the fishing.
If you see a madman down there slinging flies say hell:Do--- it's probably me
Good luck and good fishing !

·
Registered
142 Posts
no. hardley a waste of time. beautiful environment. enjoy the walk south on the parking side of caesar creek dam. walk to the split in the stream. you may not catch any fish but you are in the wilderness. don't worry about bears. black bears run from everyone. it's a lovely walk. you could catch a saugeye or who knows, a muskie. you may see a deer. nature at its best. be sure to use some earthworms and cast in the running water. i have done it many times. look forward to doing it again. you never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts