Ceasars Creek Muskie

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 1badmthrfisher, Sep 19, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anyone would lead me in the right direction in choosing fishable water in search of hooking up with a muskie. I have fished for Northerns several times in my life and have caught 6 fish over 41 inches.

Northerns typically are found in weed beds but obviously the fishing conditions are dramatically different here in ohio and muskie have have slightly different habits than Northerns. So any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

1bad

2. Pike

Pike

Most of the structure in CC is wood, so fish the laydowns and standing timber. Also main lake points. Let us know how you do.

Pike

3. Bdmthr - I'm in the same boat your in - alot of experiance with Northerns

Now the bad news - I have fished CC a lot of times for Muskie with very limited success - have boated a few fish over the last few years (we got a 39' last year) - but based off of time on the water to fish boated ratio, it's clear to me that I don't know what I'm doing:p What fish I have found have all been casting, although I believe I have spent more time trolling the lake

Spring has been my favorite time to fish for them, because after I get skunked I can at least catch a bunch of carp to make myself feel better!

So - the northern pike tatics and gear will work - but not well. What does work - I don't know yet

Looks like Gander is having a muskie seminar next week, maybe some good info there.

Also - I spoke with Pike about CC recently, seems like he knows alot so take the info he posted to heart

4. I know it's different in ohio, but when I was recently up in wsconsin I had a field day fishing frogs near pads and wood, tons of muskies and northerns blowing up on them. The biggest muskie went 38 but a few that got off were much bigger including some in the high 40's to 50's range, lots of pike too

5. All the fish we have seen lately have been shallow. There is some decent weed growth (although its milfoil) From the Furnace Shores Ramp south. Look for it in patches. You should find some fish.

Also if you are ever up to it, come to one of our club meetings, we are always putting each other on fish and discussing the "hot" lure of the moment. Some of us have gotten fish up to 49" this year.

Meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month @ 7pm and currently are held at the Gander Mountain store in Huber Heights where our President is the store manager. Look forward to seeing some of you there.

6. Thanks for the tips guys... I might give it a try sometime before the yrs end...

GL out there!!