Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How comfortable is your holster? 9mm compact. Maybe Sig p365,or Glock sub compact.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Good enough when carrying....home body so don't go to much at all ,380's ,38wheel winter coat pocket or 45
Believe mine are Don Hume

·
Registered
417 Posts
I use an Alien Gear inside the waistband holster custom made for my M&P 9mm performance series shield. It's very comfortable and holds the gun securely. Takes forever to ship, but it was worth the time and money.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to lose a few pounds, to be comfortable. I can't stand wearing a belt or having much more than a card type wallet. Before my accident at work, I wore a 32" waist and a belt 🙃. Slowly getting back into shape!? Yeah! Not so easy! I know there are plenty of options, just have to go try them on,like a new pair of shoes. Thanks.

·
DILLIGAF
85 Posts
I use the Alien Gear, I use carry in the small of back or on waist(when in Kayak). Thing that really improved the comfortably was getting a good belt, a belt made to carry. I use Hanks belts.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I need to lose a few pounds, to be comfortable. I can't stand wearing a belt or having much more than a card type wallet. Before my accident at work, I wore a 32" waist and a belt 🙃. Slowly getting back into shape!? Yeah! Not so easy! I know there are plenty of options, just have to go try them on,like a new pair of shoes. Thanks.
I'm in the same boat as you after getting hurt at work. I didn't want to go with an IWB holster because of it but the hidden hybrid can be worn in or out I believe the alien wear one can as well

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Have to have a belt real tight to keep the pants where they need to be (no butt) :LOL: I prefer a pocket holster in the summer (lcp) and even the Sig or hammerless 38(more for winter coat pocket) never needs to be shown to function (real close range) a few options depending on time of year

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is something that I would have get used to. And, yes a good belt is a must. I have been checking out the belt loops on pants before I make a decision. I stopped buying cheap pants after my accident, because I have to pay to have the hem shorter. I am shrinking!! I need a 29"inseam. And at $12/14. Per pair to have them hemmed I can wear quality longer. But a lot of pants have the crotch hanging half way down to your knees 😱!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I wear mine between my small of my back and my hip... Have little tilt to the holster as well.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Check out the comfort tac belly holsters. I use one in the summer and it works great when wearing light cloths. They are very comfortable. Cold weather I just use an owb with a light jacket that I keep on all day.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Check out the comfort tac belly holsters. I use one in the summer and it works great when wearing light cloths. They are very comfortable. Cold weather I just use an owb with a light jacket that I keep on all day.
Oh...thats what that was.. Damn my wife thought you were happy to see her. This is going to really bring her down..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
For those of you wanting a pocket holster for a SIG P365, you may want to check this out:

I ordered mine last week but am still waiting on it....which is fine. Each piece is made to order.

I saw Hickock45 using these during his reviews of the P365 and was impressed.

He's apparently gone P365 for his EDC....in case that matters at all.

Reactions: JamesF

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only thing that goes in my front pocket is money. Wallet with ID in back pocket. But a good way to fool someone wanting your money 💰. We had an older guy at work that didn't drive, and he would catch a ride with the other guys, and swap them beer at every bar on the way home. You couldn't drink a beer faster than him! He always bought...and you were always drunk after the third bar!! He kept a huge wad of one's in one pocket, and hundreds in the other, he. Said, if he was robbed, he would gladly give up a bunch of one's. I know that I wouldn't want to try it out, even if I didn't know him.
Big and tough, old steel worker. They took care of their own.
I tried out my friend's inside waist holster, custom made and really comfy! His brother made it, since he retired and his wife passed, he needed something to do. Nice hobby! I have a tanned Bison hide, that's about 36"×30". He said he would make a couple for the four of us. He uses a mix of items. He has a kydex forming press. Gets the scraps from an air brake shop .

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My wallet is in my front pocket since the chiropractor knew exactly how thick it was , from how far my hip was out of alien.... the only time it's not there is when replaced with a gun .... constantly sitting on it will push your hip that far out
That belly band I have considered

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wallet is in my front pocket since the chiropractor knew exactly how thick it was , from how far my hip was out of alien.... the only time it's not there is when replaced with a gun .... constantly sitting on it will push your hip that far out
That belly band I have considered
My brother drove semi trucks with a big fat wallet. Now he walks funny and whines all the time. I keep asking him if he wants any cheese :giggle:.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What has appeal for many people is the ability to take a micro-compact, like a SIG P365 or a Springfield Hellcat, place it in a pocket holster......and then carry it in one of your front pockets while wearing cargo shorts or even kaki pants....or whatever you want to call the later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts