close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cc

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carxman17, Oct 18, 2007.

1. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

went to cc yesterday was on water about 9:30 am fished until 2:30. never fished the noth end before. fished the standing timber around island. caught 2 nice crappie. one 12'' one 11'' plus three smaller ones. moved down to cove where the pump station is. I think that is what that is whre the old road comes in. caught 1 more crappie & a 12'' saugeye. tried the bridge nothing then went south & caught 2 more small crappie west of the lower island. not a great day but not bad for first trip there.... wish i knew more about how to fish for saugeye though.....

2. Pike

Pike

Try the area known a hazard point, you will see boats there.

Pike

3. Where is Hazard point at. Heard people talk about it but not for shur where it at

4. Pike

Pike

North pool, you will see a long string of buoys that come about 100 yards out into the main lake. Be careful if you go this weekend, Saturday is the waterfowl opener and there is a blind on the point.

Pike

5. I was there yesterday also I fished the hump in front of the steep boat ramp off 73 and caught some saugeye there on night crawlers. I also caught a half a dozen nice 11 -12 inch black crappie back in the cove all the fish were caught before 10AM after that zero. The last 2 weeks night crawlers bouncing off the bottom drifting or moving with the trolling motor real slow have worked best for me. I have limited out several times this way.

6. Was out at CC today. I couldn't find a string of bouys that come out into the main lake in the north pool. Would anyone care to provide more detailed directions to the place called Hazard point? Thanks in advance.

7. There used to be a string of bouys. They are now likely scattered among the trees along the shoreline in the north pool. There is still one bouy out there, off of the most pronounced point South (or SSE) of the big island in the North pool. That bouy used to mark a stump that was just beneath the water's surface, but has been pushed about 75 yds North of the flat edge. The flat runs from that point out about 300 yards. The shallow water combined with stumps were considered "hazards", so it was called "hazard flats". Good luck. Like was said before, there are likely a dozen boats out there if the eye bite is any good. Just don't crowd the other folks when you go try your luck...its a large flat, so plenty of room for folks to bounce crawlers. In the summer, you'll see the idiots in the big-wave boats cut between you and the water's edge with I/O motors, not knowing they are in about 2 feet of water. I've seen them run their lower units aground...tried not to laugh too loud at their mis-fortune.

On a side note, I couldn't help but laugh when a few kids in their dad's 25' I/O wave-maker tried to go between the small island and the campground beach in a down pour at about 3/4 throttle. You'd never guess that a boat could go from about 25mph to 0mph in 10 feet. I heard their colorful discussion from the ramp where I was waiting out the rains. They couldn't decide who was to blame.

8. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Hazard Point's GPS cordinates are N39 31'16" X W083 59'28". These cords will get you on the point, and from there it extends northward. You will see boats all over and just drift around, dragging crawlers on the bottom. Watch your depth finder and mark the dropoffs with floating markers until you get the idea of the area. It is one of the most fished area for saugeyes. Hope that helps.

9. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

THank you for all the info. I hope I am smart enough to figure it out. cant wait to try.....