close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cc

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wally Diver, Jul 14, 2007.

1. I'm heading to CC tomorrow morning is anyone catching any saugeye there? If so on what kind of lure and color.

2. Well I plan on getting there early, I'll post results. I might not fish for saugeye for long though if I don't get any hits.

3. Wally, I was at CC Saturday morning. Fished from 6 till 11 AM. Tried about 10 spots in the north pool. I tried jigs with worm and minnows, jigging spoons, worm harness and trolled crank baits. Never caught a single fish all morning. There were a few other boats around the island and I never saw any fish caught.
    I hope you have better luck than I did. Please post your results.

:confused: Jig Head

4. I just got back I fished the south end of the lake and got shut out. We trolled several different crank baits and tried jigs with different colored twister tails and tipped them with minnows also tried night crawlers. My wife did have one bite on a night crawler it must have been a blue gill. We fished the cove by the dam found a lot of fish on the hump in 9 to 10 feet of water we also tried the hump in front of the steep ramp off 73. We tried all the points and flats on the south end. It stated getting dark in the south west so we packed it in.

5. I kept fishing the hump after you left for around an hour, not even a bite. I eventually made my way up to a cove north of the 73 bridge and finally got a couple small ones on minnows. I spent the morning drifting the hump south of the island and got a few nibbles on crawlers but no solid bites and nothing on the minnows. I did manage one nice slab before that monsoon hit. After that I saw how many boats were on the lake and decided I needed to get off the water then if I wanted to be home before 6:00.