Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6/22 Report: Water temps ranged from 78 at dam to 79 at Ceasar creek past camping area. Clarity was from 5 ft at dam and 1 ft at Ceasar creek.
Fished from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.

Fished south of Wellman ramp for a couple of hours and caught a few WB. Saw a few small schools of LMB (groups of 2 and 3 fish) swiming the shore line about 3 to 4 feet from shore. After trying a number of lures and techniques, I got distracted by an ongoing problems with power to my trolling motor and spent about an hour messing with it instead of fishing. It's amazing how much I miss not having something that I have only been using for the first time this year. Anyway, I started trolling using my 120 hp gas motor which is loud and rough with none of the stealth one needs to sneak up on the big ones. I did manage to catch a few WB on surface lures. By the way, there was a large snapping turtle floating dead in the water that was stinking to high heaven. It was very hot in the sun and there was little breeze so I decided to move. We wound up going all the way up to Ceasar creek past the camp ground beach and tied off to a dead tree in the shade and caught a dink smallie, it was the first smallie I have caught in CC and was surprised because I didn't know there were any still in there. Caught 10 WB, 1 dink SM and 2 crappie. They were all small fish.
________
InnocentlySexy

·
Registered
390 Posts
nive report. you cna catch smallies there but I mainly catch them near the dam in deeper water. caught a few nice ones out of the creek to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts