close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC Water update?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Freeze, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Hi Everyone,

Need to break in a new boat, can someone give an update on CC water? Any ice or is it way up with debris? Thanks......

2. MuskieLuv

MuskieLuv Soutwest Ohio Muskie Assc

Got a report from one of my club members that the lake is over 95% ice free and the water is 3' over summer pool. Water temps mid to low 30's. Water looks a little muddy, looking from shore a couple spots around the lake. I think some guys are hitting it at the end of the week.

Have fun with the new boat.

ML

3. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Thanks MuskieLuv....

4. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

If you need some help launching, I'll be off the rest of the week and might have the time to help. I'd like to look around the lake myself before I get my out.
    Herb

5. Please pass on what you see. Eager to hit CC myself.
    Congrats on the new boat, too!
    What'd ya get?
    Lando

6. I think we are heading out saturday if nobody has been out yet I will post when we get back.

7. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Nightprowler thanks so much for the offer, I'll see how things setup and what the schedule looks like. I'm trying to wait for a rain to wash the salt off the roads.

However I was out there last night helping a friend with his boat. We went to Wellmans ramp and it was clear of ice and snow. The docks are not in yet and a ranger said probably another couple of weeks before they go in. Water is up over the concrete dividers if you are familiar with that ramp. If you are by yourself the water is high enough right now to beach your boat in the grass. There was no ice on the water, it's really stained - about 6-12 inches of visibility. Water was reading about 38 degrees and there were a few tree limbs etc in the water so be careful if you run. We fished cranks for about 20 minutes just exercise our arms a bit :) We saw 2 other boats while we were there, one was an Allison that looked like it could do 100mph - whew fast boats!!!

Can't wait to get my boat out there and a few more degrees of water temp - springs coming guys!!!!