Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crappie Hunter
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's the water look at Caesars Creek? I was there last week and it was very dirty and 60-deg. Any updates???
thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
As of the 12th the water is real clear, could see lots of bass spawing in the spillway area shoreline area. Water shouls stay clear, next chance of rain is this tuesday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Went on Saturday...water very clear...around 72 Degrees. Caught three LM, no keepers though! Still a great day on the lake though!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was on the lake this morning. Clarity varied from around 2 -3 feet in the bridge cove and at Wellman to less than a foot in Jonah's Run. Temps were about 69 everywhere except in Jonah's where it was 70.5. Did not go to the north pool. Even with those temps, the crappie are still runing small in the shallows, about a six to one ratio (I had 3 keepers out of 19). Talked to a man and his wife at the ramp that had caught 11 keepers out of 60 total catch (all in less than 4 feet of water). Over the last four years I generally caught 2 good sized keepers out of every three caught. But starting last fall, I've had a problem catching anything decent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My depth finder is old - could this be the reason for the difference in temperature from crappie12's temp and mine? I put in at Wellmans and was all over the lake and showed from 71.5 to 73 degrees...? Maybe it's time for a new depth finder?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yours is probably the right temp , so is his. The temp could vary almosty ten degrees from one place to another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts