Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cisco Kid
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - has anyone be to or past the Ceasars today? Wondering what yesterday's storms did to the lake, up or muddy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just got back water is up a little bit and muddy way up north. Get down to the big island water is still crystal clear atleast all the way to the bridge. never made it any farther south than that. We did manage a few fish took my 6 yr old daughter and my 13 yr old nephew and he is steaming mad from losing to a girl 10-4 he did catch a saugeye about 14" and she caught a 13" crappie and the rest were dinks and small white bass.

·
Registered
610 Posts
6/13 the water was up due to rain so was the LMR in Waynesville. Clarity was about two feet in the tributaries and about six feet in the main lake. It is the same greenish brown color you see on most lakes in this area. As for stain, not sure I know what that is. If that means the boat had stain on it when we pulled it out the answer is "very little stain". Temps were 77.6 in the northern tributaries and 76.6 on the main lake by my Lowrance. I put in at Wellman and fished Sheephead bay for a couple of hours then headed up to the north pool. Saw a couple of boats at Hazard Point and points off the big island. There also was a Nitro bass boat with a couple of guys wearing tournament advertising clothes hitting various coves working close to the banks.

The bite was a little off from last week. Having problems with Challenger battery charger so didn't get to troll as much as last week and that might be the difference. WB, mostly thin and smaller than my hand, are the main biteing fish at this time followed by the occasional crappie, also thin, and then sheephead on the bottom. I think I saw one caught on a crank bait yesterday at the bridge. I have been catching an occasional SE but not regurlarly. Nothing big enough to eat. For some reason, probably post spawning, all the fish seem thin.

Good luck!
________
redhead girl Cam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts