close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC This evening

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CamdenGizzard, May 24, 2007.

1. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

I will be headed to CC this evening getting on the lake any where from 5:30-6. This will be my first trip ever to CC. I will be going in at Wellman Meadows Boat Ramp and fishing that end of the lake. Anyone have pointers or been down that way lately?

2. The big cove down by the dam is a pretty good spot. You can always pick up some bluegills or crappie down there. I have pulled a nice bass out of there on ocassion too. Use waxworms instead of nightcrawlers. You'll catch both crappie and bluegills on them, but if you want to target crappie you need to get minnows. I really don't know how deep they are right now, but I'd bet they are close to spawning, if not already, so I'd start shallow and work my way deep.

There are also some small coves on the shore opposite the ramp on down towards the dam. I've only fished these a little bit, but thats where I've caught my biggest crappie on that end of the lake. I usually stear away from them though because they seem to get a lot of pressure.

There are plenty of other places to fish farther up the lake. Once you get out of the no wake zone, it should only take a few minutes to get anywhere below the bridge.