Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever catch anything there? We drove around the lake looking for good, easily accessible shore fishing spots today, and it was so nice and peaceful down in the gorge - not a lot of people and couldn't hear the pleasure boaters or PWCs. Thought we might try fishing there, but wondered if anyone ever has any luck - there were quite a few fish visible downstream a bit.

·
163 Posts
ya ive caught a few bass down there the biggest being about a pound with live minnows. try downstream...fish near fallen timber and try a little near the bridge. also use plastic minnows

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,621 Posts
I have fished it a few times and have only caught bluegill down in the tailwaters. The pleasure craft were out in force today. I will never fish CC again during the day with the pleasure craft they don't care about anyone or anything. Besides that though I did have my best day on that lake so that was good.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,621 Posts
The best bank spot that I have found is in front of the dam. If you are going towards the dam take the right into the lot before going across the dam. Walk down the trails and you will come to the rocks there is a little "pier" type thing that runs across the rocks, I do well there for bass, but before you get to it in the corner is a great spot. I have caught largemouth, smallmouth, white bass, bluegill, and a few saugeye fishing in the corner. Lots of snags though, so be ready to loose some terminal tackle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The best bank spot that I have found is in front of the dam. If you are going towards the dam take the right into the lot before going across the dam. Walk down the trails and you will come to the rocks there is a little "pier" type thing that runs across the rocks, I do well there for bass, but before you get to it in the corner is a great spot. I have caught largemouth, smallmouth, white bass, bluegill, and a few saugeye fishing in the corner. Lots of snags though, so be ready to loose some terminal tackle.
When you say the dam will be on your right, is that coming from the south?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts