Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to hit CC early Saturday before the masses took over. It actually turned out to be the best day of bass fishing I've ever had on the lake. My brother was visiting from WV. We had a great day of just catching up and spending time together. Anyway, we put in at Wellman and fished the large cove near the dam. I usually catch a couple in there but only managed one white bass on a beetle spin rig with a Mr. Twister tail on it. We decided to run up the lake and fish the first large cove adjacent to the big island. Anyway, we beat every piece of cover to death and managed several bites but couldn't get any hook-ups. I threw everything I had at them. We decided to move out on the main lake and fish the wood cover that was being pounded by boat wakes. Turns out this is where we should have been all along. I started flipping plastic craws around the lay downs and caught 7 bass in about 35 minutes. No trophies but it was a ton of fun to finally put together a pattern. I mentioned I caught 7 but had several bites. It was a challenge keeping the boat in position with the wakes from skiers and jet-skis but it was worth the trouble and renewed my interest in CC for sure. I know there are fish in there, but putting together any kind of pattern has always been a challenge for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend and I went on the 4th as well. We waited until the rain moved in and all the pleasure boaters were of the lake. We must have caught atleast 20 bass on the same pattern that day. With the rain, we had the lake to ourselves all afternoon. It was by far the best day I have ever had On CC. I think I talked to you all the evening before. You live across the street from my parents.
:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! Glad you had good day. It wasn't me that you spoke to, but if you see me I'll be in white Nitro with a gold stripe. Anyway, I'm taking my dad out this evening. He came for a visit right on the heels of my brother leaving. I hope the rain holds off but we'll probably still go rain or shine. I haven't had much luck at all on CC. A few fish here or there but nothing consistant. I'm going to make it a point to fish down there more. I think it is better than I've given it credit for. On a side note. Three weeks ago, I was launching at Furnas Shores and saw a good 4-5lb LM near the dock. It was just circling around the large rocks. Also saw a few in the 1-2lb range. The big bass was easy to spot because even my wife saw it. ha

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was fishing along the bank yesterday around furnas and heard a guy fishing from the shore right next to the ramp scream "I got one oh its a huge bass" and looked to be 4-5 lbs from where I was. ( about 15-20 yards away)

·
163 Posts
i saw some huge fish swimming around the docks last time i was fishing there..they were about 3-5ft down...i threw a minnow in thinking it was a huge bass to and it turned out to be a huge drum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts