Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boat out for the first time this year. Put in at the north pool ramp. Only 2 other boats on the north end of lake. Water temps were 45 to 47 and real muddy. Fished for 1 hour without a bite. Boat was running fine then it started to sputter a bit. Got a little bit worried that she might leave me stranded so I head in. She was starving for fuel must have some junk in my carbs or fuel system. I'm gonna try and get her cleaned out before this weekend. I'll be in the blue Procraft bass boat or fishing from shore. lol lol

Later,
Chet

·
Registered
856 Posts
Fished from 11:30 - 4:30 / water 50 to 54 and muddy. NO bites, didn't see anyone catching anything.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Fairly crowded Saturday. I managed 4 crappie (8", 10", 11", & 12" - kept 3), 1 bluegill, and 1 white bass on North end of the lake in 5-7 FOW on minnows. Nobody was catching much of anything from what I saw. Being my first time on CC, I think its worth going back again when the water warms up a little. Even though the ramp was crowded, managed to get in and out really quick, and when I actually got to a few spots way up in the creek, had the water (mostly) to myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was on CC Saturday from 1:00 PM to around 4:30 PM. Lake was pretty busy with fishing boats more so than pleasure boats! Water temp I was getting showed around 57 - 60, depending on location. Didn't get a single bite though...but still enjoyed being on the water for the first time! Especially since I just redid the interior of the boat, repaired live-well drain valves, and added some accessories! It's going to be a GREAT year on the water!

·
Crappie Hunter
1,321 Posts
Was on CC at 7am Monday morning.. Water temp was 54-56 in the north end. I caught 3 lm bass (1 about 2.5 lbs), 7 keeper crappie, 1 nice bluegill, and a sheephead. All were caught on plastics and released. Left at 10:30a

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear the Crappie are starting to be caught. I ended up taking my boat to the shop to have carbs cleaned. Should get it back tomorrow and be back on the lake by this weekend. I got a few tips from a local guy at the lake today. I will post info if I get into a mess of paper mouths.

Later,
Chet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts