close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC Report 11-14-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lazy, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Water temperature 50 degrees at 9 am when I arrived and 53 when I left at about 1:30 pm. Water clarity 2 to 3 feet.

Had the pleasure of meeting Pike today, it’s always nice to meet and exchange information with other musky fisherman.

Cast musky crank and jerk baits to the downed timber, points and coves in the north pool. Caught one chunky 14 inch LM Bass on a Bagley Monster Shad casting a point on the main lake shortly after talking with Pike.

2. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

You are sure putting in the time on CC trying to find those muskies! Thanks for sharing the information with the rest of us. Good luck catching the first one! The lake is cooling. I wonder when it will turn over?

Is anyone else fishing for muskies on CC and willing to share what they are discovering?

3. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I put in about 2:00 PM and muskie fished until about dark with no luck. That makes 16 hours of fishing C.C. since my last muskie. I saw two people in a 16 ft. aluminum color Sea Nymph casting for muskies but didn't stop to talk. I talked to two people at the ramp. One got skunked bass fishing and the other caught one white bass.

4. I tried to find some muskies but after trying a "new" regulator, my motor wouldn't run more than 15 seconds after taking a bit of time to start. The trolling motor got me back to the dock. I had a new secret bait to try and use too...lucky for the fish. Too bad, I won't have many more chances to fish this year. Hope I can get the problem fixed. Good luck fellas.

5. Hope your able to get the motor repaired Big B16, I think the season is drawing to a close, they'll be pulling the docks in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'd like to see someone catch one before the season is over and maybe your secret bait will do the trick. Besides, if you don't catch a musky on it we may never find out what it is :D

6. Pike

Pike

No luck again on Sunday, did not even have a follow. I fished from 10:30 until a little after 2:30, but I am not hanging it up yet.

I did enjoy meeting Lazy out on the water, which got me to thinking. I noticed on all of the posts concerning muskies at CC that the same people keep posting and we all live relatively close to one another. A year or two ago a group of us from another site (GFO) discussed a chapter of Muskies Inc. in SW Ohio. I do not know if that will fly, because there did not seem to be tons of interest but who knows. Until the time when something like that becomes a reality, would any of you like to get together and talk about our experiences muskie fishing at Ceaser's Creek. It seems that there is a lot of interest right now. The more interest we show , the more likely the State will continue their stocking program. Maybe meet at BW3's in Bellbrook or Beavercreek. What do you all think. Thew first round is on me.

Pike

7. Pike,
    I think it would be not only interesting but a good idea to have a get together for an exchange of information and idea's. If enough people show an interest it would be a good time to discuss a Musky Inc. chapter or a even local club if nothing else. Like you, I think the more interest that is generated now, the more likely the state musky stocking program will continue. I can't see the state continuing any program that no one is interested in.

8. I'm for it gents. Just give a couple days lead time. I'm not too sure about a chapter of Muskies, Inc. though. I'd like to see how OHMC does if it were to have a competetion at CC though. They tend to get several fish out of the lakes they usually meet at. It would be nice to see how a group of concerted muskie fisherman do on CC on any given day. Anyone do any work on O/B motors? Mine had intermittent Tach and Voltmeter bad readings. I replaced the Voltage Regulator and now the motor won't start. Not the result I was hoping for replacing the regulator.
    BB

9. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Pike;

Lazy and I fished CC today from 9:30 until 3:00. Tried lots of locations, lots of lures, with no follows or hookups (except tree limbs & submerged stumps). BUT, we did talk about your idea and think it is great to get together to talk about Muskie fishing and possibly a club. We also talked about joining together to fish with each other to share techniques, spots, retrieves, etc. I learned alot just fishing with Lazy for a day. Next time he will fish with me and we'll try some different things, especially since it will probably be Spring by then. Let's try to find folks who are interested, set a meeting see where it goes.

Tight Lines,

Scarletfisherman

10. A musky party!! All right!! Somebody bring a good map.

I've not given up for the season yet, & my bride is taking a road trip so weather permitting, I intend to hit it this coming weekend & the day after Thanksgiving.

11. If I can't get my motor fixed by this weekend, could I catch a boat with one of you? If I do get it fixed, I'd like the company. I think we would see more fish if we get 2 rods casting instead of one. Any thoughts?
    BB

12. What is CC if I may ask? thanks As Iknow many places that have those initials. Thanks matt

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

:) 2,800 Acres of water, Ohio's busiest (other than Erie) & deepest lake
    [​IMG]

14. Thank you for the map.! Matt Aka STONEFLY71

15. Pike

Pike

Hey Guys,
    I am glad to see there is some interest in a meeting. Would it be easier for everyone to meet on a weekend or a weeknight? I have no preference, it sounds like all we have to do know is set a time and date.

Like I said before I am not done for the season, however I do not think that I will make it out this weekend. My next time out will probably be the Sunday after Thanksgiving. If I am able to make it out this weekend I will post to see if anyone else can make it. With the lake temperature still being in the 50's I think that we have some time.

16. Big B 16,

I’m not positive yet, but I may try to get out Sunday for a while and if I do I would enjoy the company if your boat is not running. Since it seems we are all trying to come up with something that will work for CC musky I think there is a lot we could learn from each other by occasionally sharing rides.

Lazy

17. sounds good lazy. I'm sure it'll take a few days to get a stator from CDI. I bet my motor won't be running till next week. I'd enjoy the chance to fish with you. Give me a heads up at big_b16@yahoo.com.
    BB