close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC Report 11-01-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lazy, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Water temp. 58 degrees at the 73 ramp at 8:00am, 59 degrees when I left at 2pm.

Cast Musky crankbaits and jerk baits in the north pool until my arm was about wore out. Decided to work an upcoming point with a chartreuse spinnerbait with a gold blade to give the arm a rest. One the 3rd cast had a 20-22 inch Musky roll up on the bait just as I was starting my figure eight. It appeared it had good intentions, just bad aim. Fish came out of 6 to 8 foot of water on a point with standing and downed timber.

2. How are the ramps at CC?

3. The docks are still in if that's that's your question. I'm not sure when they take them in the fall but I would think it will be soon. I hate to see that since it will most likely end my fishing this season. Sure is going to be a long winter no fishing.

4. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Lazy;

I fished CC Monday from 8:30 till 2:00 at the South end. Put in at Wellman and fished that area down to the point using spinnerbait, cranks and bucktail -- Nothing. Trolled back with cranks -- Nothing. Worked the bay just east of the ramps hitting the timbered areas - Nothing, also the creek across from Wellman. Tried the cove by the bridge -- again nothing. I thought it might have been the front, but it might have been me -- too fast, too close, too shallow/deep.

It's good to know that you raised one on Monday. Let's keep posting.

5. Scarletfisherman.

Three or four weeks ago I heard there was a 38 to 40 inch fish lost on the flat just south of the Wellman ramp. I fish the areas you mention at times but have never raised a fish. I think the weather could have a lot to do with the lack of success. Musky are suppose to like cold fronts but I don't think they mean a cold front every other day. Maybe it was just me but I didn't see the bait fish like I had been, they might be starting to move out to deep water.

6. Have my fingers crossed that the mild weather continues: 2 vacation days remaining but due to other commitments & "work rules," I can't get out until week of the 15th.

I've used both Wellman & 73 North ramps w/o docks. (Prefer Wellman - it's not as steep.) Not too tough on the old red boat but I can see where guys w/sparkle boats would worry.

7. Saw this posted on the Ohio Husky Musky web site.

Quote: Just got a new member from an Caesar Creek muskie caught 10/19/2004. A 34.00-inch,10-pound muskie.Glad to get some more Caesar Creek muskies scales turned in. Good job.

It didn't say who the member was but we need to talk to this quy. :D