Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
Can you fish the docks again at CC? They posted signs "No Fishing on Docks" last year.
No, but, use a little common sense. I fish the docks when they aren't busy and stay the heck out of boaters way when someone arrives. That includes yaks and PWC's.

Boat registrations pay for the docks, not our fishing licenses.

·
Registered
611 Posts
There is a sign at North Shore ramp that states something to the affect that it is illegal to impede boat traffic. There use to be signs saying it is illegal to fish from the ramps. I guess some lawyer took exception to the wording and they replaced them with this legally correct statement. All that has to happen is someone complain to the ranger that they were "impeded" and the ranger will ticket the offender. I have not been "impeded" yet but I have heard from other that have had problems especially coming in at night. The last thing you want to see coming in after a day of fishing is a bunch of people with lines out all over the ramp especially when they act like it is a big bother getting their lines and gear out of the way. This attitude gets both sides pissed off. My biggest issue with people fishing from the docks is the trash they leave. Why in the hell can't people pick up their trash and put it in the dumpsters? I'm tired of tripping over empty bait boxes, fishing line and empty drink bottles on the docks. The new marina design shows a fishing pier on the wave attenuation barrier. Hopefully, someday the state will put in more fishing piers so fishermen without boats will have more places to fish. But right now they should put up a sign saying it is a $200 fine if you are caught fishing from the docks. That would get people's attention and they would find somewhere else to fish. I'm afraid that this is an issue that will sooner or later lead to violence. No one wants that so why not remove the area of contention and make a clear statement that you are breaking the law if you fish from the docks. Not only that, but you are also libel for any damage you do to someone's boat or to their person that your fishing from the dock may have caused. Life is too short why have the hassle?

·
river rat
2,276 Posts
There is a sign at North Shore ramp that states something to the affect that it is illegal to impede boat traffic. There use to be signs saying it is illegal to fish from the ramps. I guess some lawyer took exception to the wording and they replaced them with this legally correct statement. All that has to happen is someone complain to the ranger that they were "impeded" and the ranger will ticket the offender. I have not been "impeded" yet but I have heard from other that have had problems especially coming in at night. The last thing you want to see coming in after a day of fishing is a bunch of people with lines out all over the ramp especially when they act like it is a big bother getting their lines and gear out of the way. This attitude gets both sides pissed off. My biggest issue with people fishing from the docks is the trash they leave. Why in the hell can't people pick up their trash and put it in the dumpsters? I'm tired of tripping over empty bait boxes, fishing line and empty drink bottles on the docks. The new marina design shows a fishing pier on the wave attenuation barrier. Hopefully, someday the state will put in more fishing piers so fishermen without boats will have more places to fish. But right now they should put up a sign saying it is a $200 fine if you are caught fishing from the docks. That would get people's attention and they would find somewhere else to fish. I'm afraid that this is an issue that will sooner or later lead to violence. No one wants that so why not remove the area of contention and make a clear statement that you are breaking the law if you fish from the docks. Not only that, but you are also libel for any damage you do to someone's boat or to their person that your fishing from the dock may have caused. Life is too short why have the hassle?

three months ago i was there the signs were gone... not unless they are backup

·
Registered
26 Posts
people fish from the docks because its easy they are to lazy to walk down one of the several trails to fish as much as i want to fish from the docks i wont just because i dont wanna be THAT GUY plus i know how it is trying to get my boat or yak out of the water with someones stuff all over the dock

·
Registered
144 Posts
another wonderful day fishing at the north end of cc. had no problem loading boat at north ramp in the evening. so good to see, so many young people fishing in the evening at cc. you could not ask for a more beautiful evening. talked to one of the dock fisherman. 18, 11 inch crappie the other night. no wonder fishing from the floating docs in enjoyable. gary and i caught 60, north of the island, drifting. instead of a marina, how about extending the dock, another 50 ft for the land fisherman.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts