close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC Lake 8-8-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Pendragon, Aug 8, 2004.

1. On the water by 6:30. Had engine trouble ( guess I need to change oil and plugs more than once every two years). so I used the ETM. Put in at wellman and went towards the Damm on the opposite shore line. Tired to control drift and drop shot with minnows. Lots of hits but no takers. Then got a bluegill (good size, but forgot the cooler today), figure all the hits were from BG's (did not have any wax worms).
    Started to troll with the ETM in the 15 - 20 ft range along the shore towards the Damm. Text book patterns. If I went up a shelf, drop off or past a stick, then I got a bass (all KY spots). Using a 1/8 oz rooster white with black dots. Got about 8 in all with the largest in the 14 inch range. NIce healthy fish and had fun with them on lite action rods and 6 Lb test. ALso, got a drum, and white bass. One or two more BG's on the way.
    Great AM on the H2O!!

2. Sounds like a good day... I've been catching a lot of spots off that bank also in the morning hours on buzzbaits. Haven't tried anything that small (rooster tail) but might have to now ;) . Thanks for the info. :)

3. And thanks for restoring my faith that fish really can be caught this time of year. Nice work!