close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC July 1

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Zfishman, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Zfishman

Zfishman Member

Fished the CC lake Sunday. We did not have much luck, but what a beautiful day on the lake. Put in at Wellman's and fished in the large cove south and east of the dam. Water was around 81 deg., visibility 1-2 ft. Mostly fished off of points where we found fish on sonar holding between 8-10 feet. Seem to be quite a few but they were not interested in our offerings. Finally caught a 1# LMB. That was all. Fished from 1:00 to 4:30. Caught bass about 2:30 on green live night crawler. Other lures used included curl tail grub jig in various colors, lipless crankbaits with rattles, rubber night crawlers, spinners, rebel craw, and maybe a few others. From some other posts here it looks like I was at the wrong end of the lake. Maybe should have been on the north end going after saugeye. Will be back out Wed AM. Probably head to the north.

2. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

you also could have left the boat on the trailer and fished the wellman docks for saugeye. Ive been hearing good things about fishing just off the docks.
    Last year I caught a 18" saugeye on a clown colored rapala 4 1/2" length. The fish came up to the end of the dock 1 ft from surface before hitting the lure. I didnt have to crank it in just raised the rod tip out of the water.

3. Zfishman

Zfishman Member

When I ran into that traffic getting out of the lake I wished I had left the boat on the trailer. I saw at least one other post after I got home of someone catching saugeye near the ramp. Seems to be my usual fishing trip being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This forum has great information though and I learn a lot from it. I hope that I can add a bit of info from time to time as well.