CC - Good day for Muskie

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Juggler21, Jun 17, 2017.

1. I caught my 2nd Muskie today, my fishing buddy caught one also, bigger than mine, and we both missed good strikes. Lucky day!
    Muskie2a.jpg

Cat Fancy, h2owolf, MuskyFan and 4 others like this.
  2. As the "buddy", (Juggler21 is soooo... modest) we hooked 5 Muskie (had them on the line and saw them!) and landed two. Not bad for 8-10lb line, no leaders, and really fishing for bass or whatever!

Damn, they destroy baits, our fingers, and gear.

IMG_2487.JPG

Also connected with 4 bass, but only got one into the boat........ : (

I really wanted to keep a bass to eat, but the one I got in was not a keeper...........

Anyway, for a boat fishing for whatever, unbelievable morning for Muskie!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017

3. BuzzBait Brad

BuzzBait Brad River Angler

Can't beat that. I need to start fishing that lake more often so I can catch more! They are such a blast

4. Did they break off or spit the lures? Just curious.

5. - One jumped completely out of the water and threw the lure.
    - One hit right at the boat, on the surface, scared the crap out of me, bent my pole double, and the lure just sprang up into the air.
    - One got himself around an underwater snag. We tried hard to maneuver around him and get him free, but ended up breaking the line.

garhtr and MuskyFan like this.
  6. It's really getting old not being able to see pics but congrats on the Musky fishing.

7. Why are you not seeing the pics? I see them on my pc and iPhone. Is it the site or your phone?

8. BuzzBait Brad

BuzzBait Brad River Angler

Try signing into OGF on a web browser on your phone and then make a bookmark to home page (if you have an iPhone) I do that sometimes.