close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC Crappie & Saugeye

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Floater, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Anyone know how the crappie and saugeye fishing has been lately at the lake? I was thinking of hitting some of the docks around the lake tonight and trying for crappie and saugeye.

2. I have been bass fishing in a private pond lately and have been pulling in crappies one after another. I have been using spinner baits. They have been biting around 10am to 1pm. I would try that.
    Fletch

3. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Fished CC on Friday. Many boats were working Hazard Point. Some jigging Vib-es, some slow trolling/drifting jigs and worms, some trolling cranks. I caught two 13"ers on very slow trolled flicker spinner & worm rigs. The guy in the blue bass boat who was jigging Vib-es said he had caught 4 by 9:00. Everyone else claimed 1. By 10:00 most had left for deeper water to the west or east. I noticed that Hazard had boats there all day. I went off looking for muskies after 11:00 and found none (except for the 3,000 fingerlings they released at North Pool Ramp at 1:00, with some ceremony).

The crappie guys seemed to be tight-lining at depths of 20 feet with shiners. Action seemed slow.

4. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Went out Saturday night and tried a spots with no success at all. Saw a couple guys catching some cats on nightcrawlers, but otherwise no action. Thanks for the replys.

5. I went out this morning in Medway about 8 am. I caught 8 bass, all about 1 lb. My dad caught a 20lb catfish and 1 crappie and his buddy caught a 5 lb largemouth. That was about it. I caught most of my bass in a 15 minute span with a rubber worm with three hooks. I got a few others on a Daredevil spinner. That is my rap up of the day!!!
    Fletch

6. I have fished CC the last three weekends and the fishing has been good. I think the least amount of eyes I have caught has been 4 with the most being 7. Unfortunately the biggest was only about 2 pounds. I caught almost all the fish, (eyes, white bass, crappie, sheephead and bluegill) on a crawler harness with a silver blade pulled 1.0 to 1.3 mph per the gps. Depth has been absolutely critical. Once you find the depth, you can hammer them. Two weekends ago it was 18 fow, last weekend 23 fow and yesterday they were at 16 fow.

I think I'm done with them, time to hit the true bass species. ;)