Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the lake this morning around 8:00 water is still clear after all the rain. In the first 20 minutes I hooked the largest saugeye I have ever hooked it was close to 24" and I watched the lure pull right out of his mouth about 5 feet from the boat I felt like I was going to puke! Then we ended up catching 38 saugeye 2 largemouths and a hand full of whitebass all on crankbaits and 1/8 oz jig and 4" grub tail. here is a couple pics of some of the larger fish. We kept 10 ranging from 14 to 18".

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,616 Posts
Nice job!!! I have caught a couple saugeye in the 24-25 inch range, and they give a good fight. Shame you lost yours, but with the way you catch 'eyes you will hook another one real soon.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys the funny thing is I took a young man (16 yrs old) from the neighborhood with me. On the way I told him I thought everything was working against us from all the storms the day before to the rising pressure and to not get his hopes to high of catching alot of fish but everyplace we went to we caught fish. He even thru out a nightcrawler and let it drift behind us and never got a bite on it. He still had the same nightcrawler on at the end of the day.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I try to put the likelyhood of catching anything in the proper perspective too and lower expectations, but every once in a while I find the fish didn't read the forecasts or the almanac and are hungry. Bet you had a blast!

Nothing on nightcrawlers? Dang it! I might as well stay home.
________
Thai condo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts