Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Put in at North Shore at 8 am and fished Ceasar Creek up to the Compton Road ramp. Left at 1 pm. Water clarity was about 1 foot. Greenish brown color. Temp was 84. One of those days when the water was warmer than the air. It was a windy, cloudy and choppy day on the lake. Weatherman screwed up again. It was suppose to be sunny all day. One line of black clouds after another. On the bright side, the pleasure boaters stayed away and the fishing was good. WB, WB and more WB. No keepers sizes though. Started out trolling buss baits without any success. I dug deep into the old tackle box and pulled out a orange abu reflex with chrome blade and was happy to find a fish on it almost every time I chucked it out there. I trolled very slowly with nightcrawler and meal worm on separate lines under bobbers for a while and was catching WB on the nightcrawler. Thought I might find some BG with the meal worm but got skunked on them. Attention Bow Fisherman and Carp guys: The carp are everywhere, please come and catch some and take them home along with some of the sheephead. Musky question: Has anyone tried trolling using WB for bait? Is it legal to use WB for bait?

DON'T FORGET TO BRING A GARBAGE BAG AND TAKE YOUR TRASH HOME. $500 FINE FOR LITTERING. PLASTIC SHOPPING BAGS WORK WELL AND DON'T COST ANYTHING.
________
Smirnajanova

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I remember right It is not legal to use any type of game fish for bait. Now the question is are white bass considered game fish?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Was there 7-2 as well and was trying for muskie found some much cooler water than the 84 degrees you were fishing and got 1 muskie.

Went back this morning for some bass/saugeye action and caught a few fish. got a few bigger white bass around 14-15" alot of smaller white bass a largemouth around 12" then we found the saugeye and we caught around 20 saugeye put a couple in the live well but ended up letting them go. I took a picture of the largest three though it is not a very good picture. The largest is 17-18".

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
If I remember right It is not legal to use any type of game fish for bait. Now the question is are white bass considered game fish?
You can use game fish for bait...you just can't use a cast net to catch the game fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts