Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished CC today trolled all morning and caught about 20 fish, 5 saugeyes several crappie and white bass. I kept these for a fish fry. Saugeyes 20", 18", and 14" Crappie 13" and 11". All caught on Hot N Tots all before noon. After noon they shut down.

[url='http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/data/500/100_0417.JPG'

·
Registered
98 Posts
We were shore fishing near the 73 bridge this morning. Nothing but a little gill and white bass. We gave it up around 11:00 and went up to Crystal Lake (brother lives there). Still wasn't much biting but we fed the little gills wax worms for a while - might as well fatten them up for next year. Then about 4:00 dau-in-law caught a nice channel, and about half an hour later I caught one, too. That was about it other than a couple of dink gill.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Fished from 8 am to 2 pm. Water temp was 76.3 degrees in north pool. Clarity was about 2 feet. Color was green with some floating algae in it.

Launched from North Shore and trolled the area from hazard point to the large island in the north pool (is this Walker Island?) with homemade nightcrawlers rigs and caught 10 WB the biggest was about 14". Also caught a drum about 2 lbs. No saugeye or crappie. I would say the fishing was off a little.

The baro. pressure rose yesterday until about 9 am and then it held steady untill noon. Then it dropped slightly until about 7:30 pm. After midnight it looks to have stablized a bit but it is still high at 30.07 inches. For those who hold with the wind direction theory of fishing, the wind is forecast to be from the east today.

About the 73 detour, I found something out I never thought of before from this detour. The detour starts at 48 and takes you south to Lower Springboro road to Old 122 and from there to 42 and then north to 73 in Waynesville. Living in Middletown, we have always driven up I 75 or picked up 73 in Franklin and traveled though Springboro out 73 to CC. If you live in the Middletown area you should just take 122 east to 42 and then north to 73 because the detour will take you there anyway. For some reason, I never thought of going out 122 and it looks like a shorter route for me. Towing a boat, this will save me at least a half gallon of gas each trip. Over a year, that could amount to some serious money and gives me a little satisfaction that I am helping the environment and to be honest, I get a little satisfaction thinking I am poking a stick in the eye of OPEC and Big Oil with every gallon I don't burn.
________
Iolite Portable Vaporizer Review 2010

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fished the south pool and the bite was real good until 12 o'clock then the eyes and crappie shut down and from 12 to 2 all I caught were a few small white bass. What was going on at the north pool ramp? I just about put in there but saw a lot of boats in the lot and it looked like the park rangers had something set up there.

·
Registered
610 Posts
.....What was going on at the north pool ramp? I just about put in there but saw a lot of boats in the lot and it looked like the park rangers had something set up there.
The park officals were promoting wearing life jackets. They weren't there when we launched so I don't know if they were checking boats before they launched to see if they had the right number of life jackets or not. They have checked me before at Wellman. When we launched there were only a few trailers in the lot and I only saw one boat in the entire north pool. For the first couple of hours, it was very quiet and tranquil. I was supprised at the number of boats too when we came back in but some of those Sunday pleasure boaters are a determined bunch.
________
Pattaya apartments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.
Do you ever fish Hueston Woods? It has a 10 horse limit but you can use your trolling motor. I have caught a lot of saugeye of of there this year and some over 20 inches. It is a tough lake to find them on and I'm still learning where to fish for them there.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have fished Hueston Woods but not from my boat. I use to rent one of their motor boats but haven't been there since I bought one myself. But I don't know that lake very well at all. Do you know if you can use the big outboard to get the boat on and off the trailer at lakes with limited motor size? I'm too old to be messing around trying to get the boat off and on the trailer without it.
________
SUPERCLIT cam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts