Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah, I know the 18th hasn't come yet but I was looking at the weather report for this coming Saturday and see that the high is expected to only be 71 degrees and I wanted to ask those who are more familiar with CC than me how they think this cold front will affect the fishing? Before the front comes through or after, which do you think will be better for fishing in general? From my own experience and others reports, the saugeye have just started to pick up. In your opinions, will the saugeye fishing be better before or after the front?
________
large tits Cam

·
Registered
233 Posts
IMO, the fishing is always toughest after the barometric pressure has bottomed out and is on the rise. The quicker the pressure rises the more negative the fish become. Once the raising pressure slows and begins to level out fish tend to become more active.

When I encounter these conditions I will do one of two things. Slow my presentations way down and go a little deeper. Or just the opposite, rip lures by them at 3.0 - 3.5 mph :T and see if I can get a reaction bite??

The absolute best seye days I have had at CC are when the wind was blowing out of the N or E and the rain was sideways.....falling pressure......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Fishing was slow today we ended up with 6 saugeye 2 keepers and 6 whitebass 13-14". and a handfull of smaller white bass around 10-11". And 2 largemouth about 12". all fish were caught on crankbaits.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Muskieseeker - I've decided to let things settle down a little more and go tomorrow instead of today. How long did you fish? The barometric pressure dropped yesterday until 11:00 am and it has been rising ever since. Did you notice any change in the bites after 11? According to the prevailing theory (maybe fact) the fishing should be louse today because the pressure is rising. The wind is also from the northwest. Tomorrow, the pressure will have had a little more time to stabilize and the wind is suppose to be from the north. This coming week might be pretty good fishing. By the end of the week, wind is suppose to be from the northeast according to the weather underground.

If anyone fishes CC today, please post a report.
________
Live Sex

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am not much of a troller I do not have any rod holders on the boat. That being said I will drag a lure in the water from place to place and see if we contact any fish on the way.Yesterday most of the fish were caught draggin the lure from place to place. Then we would stop and cast that area.

Yes the fishing slowed way down after 11:00 even the white bass. And then we got hit with a nice little thunder shower around 12:20 since I had my 6 yr old daughter with us I decided to go ahead and call it a day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Me and hubby fished the gorge this morning. I got skunked, but he caught a 21" carp and a couple of sunfish. There wasn't much action compared to last weekend, that's for sure. Didn't see any white bass and that's unusual. I tried to get him to go over to the lake for a while but couldn't talk him into it (at least he got up at 5:00 to go with me this morning - that's unusual). Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts