Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Hit up CC today from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. The weather was perfect, with sunshine and a good breeze. Water temp was 79-81 degrees. I had two strikes. The first strike came on a Carolina rig I was dragging. It felt like a good thump, and when I set the hook my line snapped between the two swivels where the sinker and beads bang around. It took me about five minutes to tie up another Carolina rig, and I went back to the spot where I lost the fish since I thought I saw a group of fish on the drop off with my sonar. On my second cast back to the spot, I had another solid strike and it was fish on! This largemouth thought it was an acrobat, going airborne three times. When I landed it, I found the swivel and leader from the first Carolina rig in its mouth! It had inhaled the first lizard, so I left that in its gullet to avoid pulling the hook point into the fish. This one measured out right around 21 inches, and it had some girth! It accounted for my only two strikes of the day.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Those are the fish stories we live for! Awesome fish too!!

Not to one up your story but had one last year with a similar circumstance . . Only difference is after hooking into the fish for the 2nd time after it broke off it spit the previous lure in the boat and on the next jump out of the water it landed in the boat on its own!!! :eek: it wasn't a 21"er though. :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Nice big gun man. You two were destined for each other apparently!

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the fish stories we live for! Awesome fish too!!

Not to one up your story but had one last year with a similar circumstance . . Only difference is after hooking into the fish for the 2nd time after it broke off it spit the previous lure in the boat and on the next jump out of the water it landed in the boat on its own!!! :eek: it wasn't a 21"er though. :)

I think I remember reading this story last year! Definitely double bonus with a jump into the boat and the auto lure retrieve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts