Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Put in at Wellman at 7:30 am and left at 1:30 pm. Foggy conditions when we arrived that burned off about 9:00. Water temp was 77. Clarity was about 3 ft and the water looked like green tea. WB were hitting nightcrawler rig with bottom bouncer. Ran out of nightcrawlers and tried substituting plastic worms but the fish were not interested. Saw one dink SE caught on a gold color reef runner. Saw about 4 boats fishing for musky at the 73 cove. Wonder if they did any good or if there was a tournament going on. Someone put a plastic garbage bag in the Wellman ramp men's restroom and it was about half full. No garbage can so I figure it wasn't the state. Outside of a couple of soft drink cans, the restroom was usable. At least there wasn't any trash in the sinks, toilet or urinals. By one oclock the pleasure boaters were everywhere, so we called it a day.
________
apartments for sale in Pattaya

·
Registered
11 Posts
Saw a women Friday evening at the Wellman ramp coming from 1 of the big ski type boats with the half full garbage bag walking to the bathroom droped it at the front door like she's done it before. dam people is it that hard to take some trash home?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The trash cans at the dam, below the dam and around the Visitors Center are all run through the U.S Army Corps of Engineers. That would be the federal government, who contrary to the state, has a decent amount money and some stimulus money rolling through the system right now. So, if any one is at the south end of the lake or coming off of the Wellman ramp, you can dump trash at the trash cans in the recreation areas around the and below the dam and visitors center. Also, there is a new dock near the dam the leads up to the Visitors Center that is open now, so if you are on the lake all day and need to take a dump, get a coke from the vending machines, or take a break in the air conditioned visitors center, you can tie up there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldn't want to abuse the services of the Corps. by bringing much trash in from elsewhere - if you can take it that far, you can take it home. Their restrooms are clean with running water, too. I didn't realize they also run the Flat Fork Ridge area, but ran into one of the employees Sat. morning in the gorge and she told us. I was impressed with how clean the restrooms were - and she hadn't even cleaned them yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts