close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC 4/29 evening

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hunterm, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Put in @ the wellman ramp around 5:30 PM, fished various coves and points on the lower end of the lake using 1/8 oz jigs w/minnows. Up unti 8:15 only caught 1 saugeye, 14". Then at 8:15 it was like someone flipped a switch and for the next 30 min had constant action. Ended up catching 3 more saugeye 12"-14" and a couple of small white bass. All fish were caught drifting along a point in 12' of water. Fished the jigs tight to the bottom, let the jig settle on bottom then crank up just until slack is out of line. As we were drifting the jig would be bumping bottom. If the bait was up off bottom more than 12" no-bites.

The area we were fishing was adjacent to deep water.

2. catking

catking Banned

So ther ARE fish in the dead sea :confused: I don't live to far from this lake, and I hope to fish it a little more this season. I've always did good in the creeks up that way, but not the lake. Thanks for the report hunterm. THE CATKING !!! :)

3. Pike

Pike

I fished the lake as well on Thursday and caught one nice crappie. I think that the best is yet to come. Hopefully the weather will be nice next week after all of this rain clears out.

4. Fished at CC from 3:30 until 7:00 PM today, no fish. Didn't work it too hard, basically trolled the north end of the lake from behind the big island up into the mouth of the creek. Dragged crawler harnesses for about an hour in around the far edges of points in 18-25' of water. Then trolled crankbaits along the main creek edges in 15-25'. Never had a hit, but it was nice being out there with only a handful of people.

5. Hunterm,

It is funny you schould mention this time for that was just the begining of the evening major feed period for the day. If you would look at the major feed times for April 29 pm started at 8:11 pm.
    I have always been a firm believer in them but you still have to be on the fish with the right presentation to get them. Good luck on your next outing to the {dead sea}.
    I warned CATKING about that before. I am sure it was just a slip of the tongue or something like that. right CATKING????

6. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

I guess it would be the dead sea for the cursed one.. NOFISHY VIRUS or what ever lol
    Fishcrazy