Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a new friend here on OGF. After a year or so of sayin " we should go fishing"... I finally met up with Harry1959 last night at the north ramp. Harry had a plan in place to use night lights and tightline minnows and chubs. We launched @8pm and headed out, anchoring in @ 10-12 feet ot water. Dropped our first lines at dark and Harry promptly buried the hook in a 17" saugeye! Over the next hour or so we landed several nice crappie and a few small channel cats. The sheer numbers of shad swarming around the boat under the LED lights was amazing... literally millions of 'em.
Thats when harry got the idea to snag a big shad with a treble and he had brought a very stout bait caster set up, i put that big ol shad on a 3/0 hook and flung it out there... needlessto say, about an hour later.. it worked perfect as harryy and i did a dance routine in the boat with the pole and the net to land this beast of a channel at 2am!
Fish Bass Catfish Fish Fishing

Harry, I had a terrific time on your boat
( which by thw way was a really nice set up!) Thanks so much for having me and hopefully we can get out again soon. Tight lines fellas!

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Nice channel! I bring an aquarium net for my minnows when we night fish for crappie under the green lights. When you run out of minnows you can collect and use all the bait fish swarming the lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts