close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cc 10/26

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by nofish, Oct 26, 2004.

1. 34 trailers in Wellman lot as I pulled in at 1230 and the sky was clouding up. I figured I finally was going to have a good day at CC. Water was great with 4 ft visibility. Fished 4 fow to 40 fow from hazard flats to the big cove by the dam, shoreline and midlake humps. Wally divers, rouges, thundersticks, jigging spoons--nada, nada, nada, nada.
    I did see a 12'' saugeye landed as I was trolling by. The guy complained that the problem with saugeyes is that they are always so small. " Throw him back and let him grow" I yelled. " Oh no, we're gonna eat 'em" He replied. Go figure.

2. I cast and trolled Musky crankbaits in the north pool from 10:30 til 2:30. Had one good hit trolling, but not hook ups. Did bring one very nice stump to the boat with the aid of the plug knocker. A scum sample was taken and it was released to snag again. :D

3. Cast for the mighty musky from 8:30AM to 5PM today. One follow @ 9AM - same place, same bait (same fish?) as 10/13. Followed to the boat w/o striking & then laid low while I entertained him w/variations on the figure 8.

Spent the rest of my day looking for similar locations & slinging the big glider until my hands were numb.

Returned to the site of my only "success" about 4:30PM & threw a couple of change-ups before calling it a day.

If it was easy, they'd call it "catching" instead of "fishing."

4. where is hazard flats? i'm presuming north of the damn where there is the no wake zone and about 5 foot of water in the channels.

5. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I fished both pools from about 12:30 to 4:30 for muskies. I didn't have any luck either.

6. I assume you are referring to the various messages that mention Hazard Point (or Hazard Mud Flats). Hazard Point is in the North Pool directly south of the big island. The point is marked by name on some maps (specifically ODNR and Army Corp of Engineers), and it is also marked on the lake with bouys. It can also be identified by the number of boats trolling and/or drifting in the area early mornings or cloudy days.