close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cavs!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ParmaBass, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

BOOM SHAKKA LAKKA!!! Gibson is amazing

GO CAVS!!!

3. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Man what a GAME!!!!!!!!!! I had about 20 people over to watch it on the big screen , During and after the game there were time I thought the house was comin off the Foundation! :D

GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Awesome win for the Cavs!
    Gibson gew up overnight..what a great performance!

5. Bring on the Spurs! Way to go Cavs.

6. Careful what you wish for:D

7. This amazing, People believe this series vs. the spurs will be a blowout but I think they will be proved wrong.

8. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Being a Cavs fan in tough times i must say last nights win was a HUGE stepping stone to the Cavs become a regular force in the east. With the pistons getting old and the heat as well the only other team that might give the cavs a fit would be the Bulls.

Win of lose next round this year has been great. With Boobie and lebron both young future looks nice.

9. ParmaBass

I'm sick of the critics. How many of the "pros" from TNT on ESPN gave the Cavs a chance against the Pistons?? None! Heck, even some of them picked the Nets to beat the Cavs. This team is rolling right now and they have a 50/50 shot at taking the title! The whole TNT crew from Saturday night when asked who would win it all, without hesitation all of them said San Antonio?!?!?! What have they been watching for the past week?? The Cavs were about 2 shots of sweeping the ALL MIGHTY Pistons.

All the critics are clueless, the best two teams are left and we'll see how it plays out. I do know that the Cavs were 2-0 during the regular season. And Mike Browns KNOWS San Antonio well.

GO CAVS!

10. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

The "pros" dont know anything. Look at Barkleys predictions so far???? Dallas to sweep G.S. then Utah over San Antonio and of course the Cavs would lose to N.J. and then they were foing to get swept be Detroit. Everyone hates on Cleveland all the time. Then they get a lead and they jump ship and hop on the band wagon. I hate listening to them as they have no clue. CLEVELAND over San Antonio in 6 games. GO CAVS

11. Popovich will be San Antonios greatest asset in this series. Mike Brown may have come up in his system...but you can't tell me that he's even close to being the coach that Pop is. If I had $1 for every time Brown said "LeBron's the man" I would have a crap load (more) of fishing tackle. He doesn't coach in the huddle...he's horendous at clock/timeout management...and he's the only coach in the NBA who probably hasn't drawn up a play (offensively) all year. And honestly, I don't blame him! I like the Cavs...I like Mike Brown...but you can throw that 2-0 record in the REGULAR SEASON out the window. Detroit was a good team this year...not great. The Cavs haven't played a team like the Spurs...and by that I mean a balanced team with a scorer in the low post.

Aside from that...somebody tell me the common denominator amongst NBA champions going back to the '98-'99 season??? They've all had a dominant big man to protect the rim. Take your pick...Duncan, Shaq, or Big Ben. Its the reason that even though people say the NBA is a guards game...the same trend wins out every year. Where are Dallas and Phoenix? The Warriors? The same place as us! You need somebody to defend the rim...and sorry guys, Varejao hardly qualifies!

Like I said in previous posts, I like the Cavs...but I try to be a practical guy. I will be shocked if San Antonio isn't hoisting up the trophy (along with Duncan and his 4th finals MVP) at the Q.

Oh, and I almost forgot...I bet all of you Barkley haters picked Golden State to beat Dallas!! ;) ;)

12. ParmaBass

Your whole first paragragh sounds like something Charles Barkley would say? It makes no sense to me, what else do they have to do??? They just won the Eastern conference.

"Pop", has more experience, no doubt there. Mike Brown is all about kissing LeBrons ass, no doubt there. As far as the clock management, who cares they WIN!!! And if the regular season means nothing why play the games, are you telling me San Antonio didn't try to win the 2 regular season games? Because I bet they did. Had they lost just one of those games against San Antonio they would of had a little tougher road to the Finals. So the regular season means something.

I said Cleveland has a 50/50 shot, it sounds like your going about 90/10 in favor of the Spurs. NO WAY

13. All I was trying to say in the 1st paragraph was that the "Mike Brown knows the Spurs" comment is a joke. Of course they were trying to win in the regular season, and they didn't. Dallas also won 64 or so games and lost to the 8 seed...so which games are more important? I would personally rather be playing in the finals. The Cavs winning the East is great! Great for LeBron, the city and the fans...but realistically, the East stinks. A 3 seed has home court advantage!

If I really wanted to sound like Charles...I could just say "he played fantastic in the first half"...or "he needs to play like an all star". :D

And as for the odds on the series, its more like 80/20 for me...but I guess we'll see on Thursday.

14. ParmaBass

Just a little competative sports banter. I wonder what the odds are in Vegas, I'll have to check that out. Good fishing to you!!

15. ParmaBass

Vegas opening odds are spotting Cleveland 7.5 in game one. I'll take the points!!!!

16. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

The Mike Brown comment does make sense bc he was an assistant coach there, so he knows how Popopvich coaches. GO CAVS!!!

17. Who doesn't know how Popovich coaches?? Does Mike Brown have the upper hand because of it...I seriously doubt it.

18. You too Parma...7.5, thats a tough call.

19. WELL...........................I'll say this...

After predicting a 20 point victory in game 6.......(and coming up 2 pts short).....and prediciting that one of our "shooters" would win the game instead of Lebron because the defense would not allow a repeat.....(I thought for sure it'd be Pavlovic or Marshall).....

the only part I got right :D was that the Pistons age, and the double ot game the other night would make their legs give out by the third quarter, and they'd get into foul trouble.....and the shooters would reign......

Brown built Pop's defense........he knows how to break it down, but doesn't have the knowledge and experience to beat Pop when he makes adjustments. Flip's defense isn't as good, but when he made halftime adjustments (as good coaches can do, and Mike Brown can't) they shut the Cavs down in the 3rd quarter in all games but 5 and 6......and the reason they scored in those 2 quarters was simply age and speed.....they ran past Detroit, the long games and long series took it's toll.

BUT......Z and Duncan are going to do what they did in the regular season for the past 4 yrs, cancel each other out.

They'll put Horry on Lebron and he'll slow him down, but not shut him down.

Parker will kill our guards.............no way around it.

As much as I want the Cavs to win, it's very unlikely.......I have to say I'll be rooting for them, and hoping like heck they win....but I see the Spurs in 6

Unless Gooden and Varejeo go crazy on the boards, we're in trouble.

AND SAN ANTONIO will kill us from the line.......unlike Weber, Wallace, McDyess, and Dale Davis from Detroit.....you foul San Antonio, and you can just start adding points.

I'll be shocked to see a team break 90, let alone 100 in any game.

I'll be even more shocked to see a single player break 30, including Lebron and Duncan, both coaches know how to stop a hot player.

This is the most evenly matched game from a team defensive standpoint, other than the guard position (unless they put Snow and Hughes in more than Gibson and Pavlovic, but Brown will go with experience over youth every time.....that's why Hughes started Saturday night and that's why Marshall, Jones and Snow come in late in the game)

this series will come down to efficiency.......from the field and from the line......and the Cavs are inconsistent from the field (even the best have off-nights) and terrible overall from the line.

I hope I am wrong....I've been waiting for this for a long, long time. I've seen enough of the Kemp, Sura, Brandon, Ferry, Free, Hinson, Nance, "saviors"

we've got a real star, let's hope the others can rise to his side.

Remember when the Cavs ownership tried to tell us that Hubbard, Shelton and Free were going to get us to the finals?????????

Or when they said Brad Daugherty and Hot Rod Williams and an aging Larry Nance were the best front line in basketball?????????

We have an owner with a committment and a desire to win, and if he doesn't get a ring this year, I can't imagine who he's going to get to run the point guard next year!!!!!!

GO CAVS.....prove me wrong and win this thing