Cavs

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by KATKING, Nov 25, 2008.

1. I know its 2 years away but what are the chances we really re-sign lebron?

2. Given the history of the Cavs / Cleveland, The odds say ZERO. It's sad but true, we'll see.

3. It depends if LeBron wants to win or whether he wants to be a big man in a big city...The Knicks and Nets are cutting salary to be able to bid for him but the rest of the players they have left won't amount to crap so if he wants to win, his best chance should be in Cleveland. The Cavs can pay the most but NYC/LA endorsments will more than makeup the shortage...WE've had him what 5 years and haven't won the whole thing so him going to another team doesn't mean they will be automatic champs...

4. LeBran is an Ohio boy...so I hope he holds onto his roots.

5. The Knicks have cleared enough cap space for 2010 to make a run at LeBron and either D-Wade or Chris Bosh. The Cavs have similar interests. My bet is that whoever can land Bosh, will be able to convince LeBron that's where he needs to be.

Now that would be incredible. Bron and Bosh on the floor at the same time. Wow.

6. I think their only hope of keeping him is if they manage to win a championship in Cleveland either this year or next. Given the history for Cleveland that does not bode well but they are putting together a nice team so far this year. This team is still relatively new together so if they continue to gel then you never know.

7. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Aren't the Cavs pretty free and clear to go after a big name sidekick for LeBron in 2010 too? Daniel Gibson, Mo Williams, JJ Hickson and Delonte West are the only current Cavs players signed to play in the 2010/2011 season. And they're combined salaries are only 18 mil. I think he stays. Link below for salary situation...

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

8. They are indeed in line to make the same push. I'm thinking the allure of turning Cleveland into what Jordan turned Chicago into will appeal to him.

9. That assumption of salary status for 2010 is very hard to put together because there will obviously have to be changes made in next year's salary structure but you are right they should be in a better position then than they are now. (Assuming they don't sign any dead weight before then) Eric Snow is a good guy and all but he is collecting a big paycheck for very little production. Pavlovic is not really earning a raise. And I personally don't see Varejao being worthy of re-signing either at that money. Same goes for Wally and probably Big Ben after another year.

10. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Varejo not worth the money..... you must not watch many games if you think that. He may never be an allstar in this league but he will be a major player in winning a championship here. His hustle and defense wont be overlooked by the owners. He's scoring more and rebounding more now, than he's ever done with this team. As much as i hate to think it, Z is gonna have to go in order for them to win it all. How often do you see him and Ben closing out games? Hinkson is waiting in the wings and at a much cheaper salary. Sasha is gone along with Snow. Chris Bosh is coming to Cleveland to win a few back to backs with Lebron. Allstars will be fighting to come play with these guys. Wont surprize me if Yao wants to get away from Houston by then.:p Boozer made the biggest mistake of his carreer by leaving Cleveland.:mad:

12. bkr - I hate the idea of paying players for intangibles, but Varejao is worth hanging on to, even at an inflated price. He is instant energy. He'd actually be a better player if someone told him that he doesn't have to shoot every time he touches the ball.

13. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Does anybody else, besides myself, think the Cavs can beat the Celtics out for the Eastern Conference Championship? 14 and 1 in the last 15 games. Been a Cavs fan since the braves left Buffalo and this has to be the best month ever for the Cavs. Hope they can stay injury free and keep the killer instinct. They've been putting a foot on the other teams neck all month.:D

14. ParmaBass

I'm with you Chaunc!! They are straight beating other teams up! Everyones minutes are down and that could mean fresher legs come playoff time. At the beginning of the season it was a for gone conclusion that Wally was gonna be gone come the trade deadline. He's playing pretty good, his shot is back (for the time being), what do you do with him IF he's still playing good come February. Trading a player that's getting 20 minutes a game could mess with the chemistry. We'll see!!!!

15. do the knicks really have the money to sign lebron? my guess is no. the pistions probaly. if he goes anywhere it will be the nets. jayz is moving the nets to brooklyn and already said he will make lebron the richest nba player in history. jayz and lebron are also good friends. if he stays in cleveland Usher and the rest of the cavs owners will need to give him more money

16. ParmaBass

The Cavs can give the most money. The Knicks will have alot of money, but can't pay him what the Cavs can. So it basically comes down to LeBron and where he want to play......

17. To be honest, I am getting really tired of hearing about this. It's all over the news and ESPN. If he leaves, he will be a moron. I loved what Charles Barkley had to say to LeBron.

18. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

"LeBron James needs to shut the hell up !" LOL !:p

I agree, you gotta love Sir Charles. He tells it like it is. LeBron does not get criticism very often, he deserves it in this case imo.

19. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I dont give a damn about 2010. Shoot, i dont care about 2009. All i want is for this team to play as hard as they can this season. Win a championship here and free agents will be knocking the door down trying to get in next year. Dont know about you but i've been waiting a long time for a team and season like this one. And i agree with Lebron's statement that CB is stupid.