Cavs Trade

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by KATKING, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I like the trade, he's a legit point guard!! I liked Joe Smith, I wish he would of stayed a few more years, and Damon Jones....Good riddance. Now if they could trade Wally for an interior defensive player/rebounder they'd be set!

2. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

The only thing I'm worried about w/ Mo Williams, is that he is a shoot 1st/pass 2nd point guard. He also has 4 yrs $40 plus million left on his contract. How this trade pans out will decide LeBrons future in Cleveland IMO!!

3. ParmaBass

He's only 25... Ben Wallace's and Wally's contract are a much bigger issue than his. Wally's due to make 13mil I believe 14mil for Wallace next year. 27 million next year for about 10 points and 5 rebounds.

4. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

I agree, but why would Milwaukee let him go? One reason is because they have shooters in Redd, and now Richard Jefferson, and now feel that they don't have enough balls to go around. The question was asked today on wknr, as Munch was talking to a Milwaukee reporter, if Mo was on a 2 on 1fast break with LeBron what would he do...he strongly stated that Mo Williams would stop and pop. Either way,I hope it works out!!

5. ParmaBass

I'm an avid WKNR listener too, do you like Munch? He's not bad, but I think Rhoda was better in that 3-6 time slot.

If the Cavs don't get something done soon it's gonna be Daniel Gibson, JJ Hickson and now Mo Williams for the 2010/11 season! How's that for a "big three"??!!

6. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

I don't like Munch as much as Rhoda...but I only listen to the radio on the way home from work(330-345) and swap between wknr and big mouth Triv.

7. Sounds like it may be a good deal. I hate to see Smith go, but getting rid of Damon is great! The point guard situation may get real interesting now. If Mo can hit from outside, that will be a big help.
    Mike