close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cavs Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Big Daddy, Mar 21, 2005.

1. BREAKING NEWS!!! Just happened, don't know why. I'm sure you'll be hearing more on this one.

The big rumor is Phil Jackson wants to coach LeBron.

I'm not a big hoops fan, just passing on the news.

2. Dingo

Dingo

The big rumor is Phil Jackson wants to coach LeBron"

Ok. Now it makes sense. I forgot about him. If the new management team wants to provide the best chance to win a championship, this will do it. Experience + ability to bring in the top-level free agents = win!

3. WOW..
    Did I say WOW?
    I'll watch the news at noon but I'll bet it has something to do with what he said about Boozer the Loozer maybe hmnmnmn

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Could Cleveland actually see a championship in my lifetime. Someone poke me and wake me up from this dream.

flash---------------------out

5. Wow....I'm not totally convinced this managment konws what its doing. But this team before the break was totally different than what it is now. Their first quarters used to put people away. It was the third they would come out sluggish but they would always close it. This road problem has to stop too. Gooden hasnt been playing well and J mac wasnt playing a good point either. Wow I am very shocked. Espn.com has them going after Flip Saunders, former Timberwolves coach and Cleveland native. I dont know how Phil could pass this up though. Jordan, then Kobe, then LeBron. How could you pass up this chance. I'd be happy with either but Phil, wow would that atone for the whole late 80s early 90s.

6. I think its that the team is fading fast. They were a better team before the break, and since they have been average. I think Lebron's deal in Cleveland is only through next year with a team option after that, so they have to make a move to keep him happy and bring a championship in or they'll lose him like they did Boozer. i don't care much for Flip Saunders, though he got a raw deal in Minnesota. I don't think he's the kind of person you target when you make a switch this close to the end of the year. My guess is that Phil Jackson is on the radar screen.

Eric

7. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

it Is About Time They Axed Him.. He Was A Horrible Coach!!!!!!!!!!

8. Assistant coach Brendan Malone will serve as the Cavaliers’ head coach...
    You must be kidding me...
    There has/had to be more to it then what they are saying to make this move now...

9. surprising to me to do this at this time of the year.
    GO GET PHILLIP!!! Bring a championship to cleveland

10. This guy just wasnt getting it done in myopinion. You have got to do whatit takes, whatever that may be tokeep LeBron James long term, and ifhe doesnt getthehelp, coaches included, to getto the finals, then I do not think he will stay. Now, having said that, he does need to take more charge, and Demand more fromhisteamates in my opinion.

Tony