Caution***Roasted Pumpkin seeds***Addictive

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by Mamps, Oct 26, 2008.

1. I just made the best seeds ever.
    Carve the pumpkin, put the seeds in a seprate bowl.
    DO NOT RINSE!!!
    drizzle olive oil all over them (go kind of heavy on the olive oil), mix in either Rock salt, Kosher salt or typical table salt (not to much...you can always add later).
    Spread out in a single layer in a baking pan.
    Oh yeah, turn the oven on to 300 a few steps back.
    Put the seeds in the over for 40 minutes or so.
    Take pan out a few times during cooking to stir and mix seeds together.

Then when they are done, add a little bit of Season Salt to them....

Caution they are addictive!

2. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

You forgot to seperate into several bowls and add different flavors. Onion salt is good and cajun seasoning is not bad either.

3. great input...the kids loved the ones sprinkled with cin. and sugar! Not for me though...too sweet

4. How did you get the the pumpkin pulp off without rinsing?

5. you don't, that is the best part when it is roasted...you do need to seprate the seeds during cleaning but don't go to huge extreme to clean them.

6. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Last night made some cajun seasoned ones. Also took a few cups and tried this. Wife loves 'em!

6 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 tablespoon pumkin spice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon oil

Roast seeds at 250 degrees for about 45 to 55 minutes. Stirring occasionally. In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, pumkin spice and set aside. After seeds are done, remove and combine oil and remaining 4 tablespoons sugar in a skillet over medium high heat until sugar starts to melt. Add seeds stirring constantly to prevent burning. They will brown even more fairly quickly. (About 45 seconds to a minute and a half.) remove from skillet and put the seeds with dry ingredients in the bowl and toss.

7. I hit mine with kosher salt, garlic, onion, and chili powder.

I think I'll add cayenne next time.