close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Causeway fishing Friday night/Saturday morning

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BlueGumyBear, Jun 15, 2007.

1. BlueGumyBear

BlueGumyBear Fisher Girl

Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone is going to be out at the causeway tomorrow night? Me and my boyfriend are gonna be heading down there at about 9...hopefully catfish will be kind and bite :). I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've only caught one fish this year...it's rather sad :( Well hope to see some of you out there!

2. Which causeway are we talking about?
    Probably not-I don't like night bugs.
    They bite better than the fish........

3. BlueGumyBear

BlueGumyBear Fisher Girl

Mosquito Lake causeway...sorry, should have specified

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Stop at the bait store and ask the Girls. They have lots of information on what's biting and on What. Tell them I said Hi also:p

5. WE were there last week end for the OGF outing. I don't know if you are wanting to fish for a specific fish but we used bobbers and worms from Linda's bait shop. we caught 12 fish the one day and 3 the next. my 7 yr old caught several cat fish but mostly proud of her 23 and 24 inch catfish. we did try minnows and with those my girls caught a blue gill and something else. can't remember now. oh and my husband caught a couple perch on the worms and bobber. we also bottom fished with worms. I had 5 bites that felt like walleye but I am new to fishing for them and well I must not know what I am doing LOL b/c I never caught one.

here's a pic of 1 catfish we caught. good luck!

Attached Files:

6. i've been catching good numbers of channels from mosquito and berlin. The only problem i'm having is any that I keep have a muddy taste. So far this is the worse its ever been. The fish look clean and they fillet nicely... but in preparing them the same way I always have for the past couple years the taste just is lacking.

Guess i'll stick with perch, walleye, crappie and bass.