close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Causeway bite!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JimmyC, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Just got back from mosquito causeway! Brought home 8 crappies :G ! Caught about 7 little ones and threw them back! I was with my uncle and he also took home 8 including a real nice 13''... The rest of our fish are about 9-10''.......I caught the first 2 between 6-7:30! It was pretty slow (and windy)! Then we caught the rest within a half hour before dark!! After dark we had a few hits and thats about it!!!! I got pics of the one's I brought home...... I also saw a few walleyes rolling over the rocks!!!! Can't wait 2 get back up there! I'm having trouble uploading the pics to this thread so i'm going to upload them to my pics! Check 'em out!

2. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Thanks...
    Might head that way this weekend.

3. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Was back up there again 2night.... got home around 9:15! Brought 7 slabs home! Caught them all before dark again! Fished the north 2night! Windy on the south side and i left just in time 2 miss the rain! Caught the first fish after 5pm! Threw back 2 lil guys! They'll probably start biting better in the next week or so!:G

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

good to hear, ive always done my best off the north side rocks just the last hour before dark.

5. bzlgw1

bzlgw1 Life Member

Jimmy, Have you noticed if any crappie waders were out? If so, do you know how they are doing?

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i will be wading this weekend
    will report back sun

7. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Wednesday i saw some walleye waders off the north side! They did pretty good! Saw a couple guys on the south side wading but don't know if they were going 4 walleye or crappie or how they did! I didnt see anybody wading yesterday!

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

morning -night -or mid day?

9. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Well i saw the waders with their walleye walking out before dark! I've also been catching crappies off the causeway before dark! As early as 5 pm!

10. Was out again tonight, this time without JimmyC! Brought home 5, 2 of em were real nice. The guys fishing off the southside of the causeway with me were hitting em alot harder than we were using the same setups and about the same depths...Oh and the waders I saw tonight weren't wading, they were swimming on the northside of the causeway. A few of em were doing good though I saw more than one guy carrying a stringer with 4-5 good sized walleyes, but they definitely had to work for them in the waves.

11. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

I shoulda been there Scooty!.... I'm goin 2night.... or today i should say! Probably head up around 4 or 5! It should be perfect!!:G

12. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Wow there were alot of people at the causeway last night!!! There were no parking spots an hour after i got there! Picked up 9 BEFORE dark on the north side but only 4 were keepers(9-10'')! Tried south side after dark and picked up only 1..... 11incher! I didn't see 2 much happening around me! Hopefully they'll be more active after this weekend!

13. Went to the causeway yesterday and brought home 25 11-12" crappies it was a real good day for me caught them alll about 2 hours before dark

14. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

mosquito.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Fishful,
    Looks like a nice mixed bag there. From a boat? Looks like a few nice eyes mixed in there. Care to elaborate on where and if it was night or day?

16. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

They look like pike.

17. ...fishingful... Looks like you had a great time...nice fish..
    :) GOOD FISHING GUY

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  18. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Het, I do believe you're right. I've got to do one of 2 things, look a little closer before speaking, or slow down on the beer.......................or both!!

19. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Fished the choppy south side 2night with my uncle! We got 10 real nice crappies(biggest was 12'') and 2 walleyes(15'' and 17'')! Missed a handful of bites! We caught all the fish on bobbers and minnows 3 and 4 feet down! I didnt see much at all happening around us! It should be perfect all this week 2 start bringing home bucketfuls of slabs! Let me know how you did if u were up there!:G

20. N.E.W.C. 2nd Annual Spring Open
    Presented by Trumbull County Tourism Bureau

We are only a few days away from this great event and the phone has been ringing steadily from anglers about this event. As of last night we have had 27 teams call about info for this event in the last 6 days, along with the entries allready in, we should have a super 2nd Annual spring open event.

The biggest question seems to be about the payout. We will pay down 5 places with 21 teams entered. First place is guaranteed a minimum of $2,500.00.

Second most asked question is for hotel info. For your Mosquito Lake Walleye Angler Packet, Contact Trumbull Couty Tourism Bureau at (866) 360-1552, or visit Explore Trumbull County.com. We are recommending the Days Inn in Niles at (330) 544-1301.

We will be accepting entries now till thursday at home office, we will be at the Marina on sat from 4 - 5 pm, then we will be at the Gander Mountain in Niles from 5:30 - 7:00 pm for teams needing to register.

We will except entries at the ramp morning of the event, but if possible please sign up by saturday evening, to help make things smoother on Sunday morning.

For info or entry forms go to www.neweasterwalleyecircuit.com or e-mail me at tgmeans@earthlink.net.

For all your bait, tackle, Fishing License, and snacks for the day please visit our sposors Joe and Kathy at the Mosquito Lake Marina, or Linda and the Gang at the Causeway Bait and Tackle (they have gas as well). Tell them the N.E.W.C. sent you, and if you get the chance, thank them for helping make this great event happen.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Tom Means