close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

caught some more.

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Tornichio, May 9, 2005.

1. I went down to the river again sunday. I was able to catch some more carp. Nothing really big largest was around 8lbs. I am learning quite a bit about river carp this year. They really seems to be in large schools. When they are coming through an area the action is really fast then it will die down and them they will be on again. Almost hitting two rods at once. They did not really start to bite until around 7pm tonight for some reason. I tried a new flavor of corn and it did not seem to work at all. I used cherry koolaid and sugar and it smelled awesome. unfortunately the carp where all over the place and I was not getting a hit. As soon as I switched to strawberry pop I got a hit. I used the strawberry soda a couple of years ago. I caught my largest carp ever and never used it again until this weekend. It only cost 33 cents a 20 ounce bottle and will last me about 4 trips. Add in canned corn for 33 cents and for less than a dollar you could be busy for a few hours catching. I tried to take some pictures of my mirror and 16lber so I am going to develop the film tonight. It was quite a job just to get the fish up 6' of rock that is slippery as can be and still get a picture, so don't know if they will turn out or not. As a side not I slid down the 6' of rocks on my knees when I went to return 1 fish so it was quite painful but a safe return for the fish.

Later,
    Marc

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like you are on quite a roll, congrats!

3. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

Cool deal Marc! Sounds like a good night, except for the sliding release :D I think we all have those stories though ;)