close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

caught my first skipps today 5-13

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cat daddy, May 13, 2004.

1. i saw the post on the Ohio river forum. i got there about 9:00 am and met Fish sticks and Kenny G. it took forever to finally hook into one . man are those things fun to catch. i fianally ended up with 50 of them . most of them are 12-15 inches . i cant wait to go cattin now

2. carphunter

carphunter cat killer

Might think about taking me with you lol! Good luck with those skips!! Hope you catch some nice ones.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Where abouts we're ya getting into them? I'll need some bait for the freezer!

4. i was getting them on the KY side at Meldahl dam. i will post the next time i go down. any one is welcome to go. it would be great to meat a few more of the OGF members . Doc is the one who took me my first time, he is a good ole boy . heck my first time down to the dam fishing for skipps i cuaghta 8lb flatt head on a skipp jack rig , Doc took pics.

5. I have a couple questions about accessing this area. I love catching skipjack on a fly rod. Is there enough room at the KY Meldahl for a long rodder to cast? What is the bank access like? How far out are the skips holding?

TIA

Tight lines...

6. there is plenty of room when the water level is down, most of the bank is rock, flatt rock, the skipps will be from the dam wall to the bank, i have them hit 2 ft in front of me.i am told that the best time to catch them is when the river is clear. you should not have any problems as long as it is not crowded.