close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Caught my first pike tonight

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing_marshall, Aug 16, 2004.

1. I fished the tuscarawas river tonight with a worm on bottom. I was reeling in to check my bait and something nailed it by a log. It was a 22in. pike.
    Also caught a 10in. smallmouth on a white grub. It was a good night.

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Congrats on the pike!!!!!! Sometimes they just nail the crap out of the lure.

flash-----------------------------out

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

nice job marshal, i fished the tusc tonight too, read my post !!

4. Not bad, but you'll catch alot more of them alot bigger in the future if you keep hitting the river as hard as you have. There's no substitute for putting in your time on the river. You know where this is..... The biggest of 22 caught last winter in one day !

Attached Files:

5. Heres a few me and my wife plucked out of your hole recently.

Attached Files:

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

good going marshall!

Can one of you tell me how to get to that place at the water plant?? I have never fished it. I went there once, but did not know how to get back where you guys fished. I just went on the road to the front of the plant. just saw signs about no trespassing or whatever. no admittance. I did ot know where to go to get below the spillover. Please help! :p

If you let me know, I promise I will not fish it out! :D I just want to try it! ;) Also, is it good for cats???

7. Just go past the DO NOT ENTER signs to the end of the fence and make a left. Your aloud in, the signs are to keep from getting sued. I've fished and launched boats there my whole life with no problems. Park on the road or to the right of the road, don't park in the grass on the left. If you go straight past the fence it will take you to another good hole where Sugar Creek comes in. I talk to the guys at the terd plant and they're cool as long as you don't act like an ass. :D

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Ok that is good to hear, we got to the sign that said no admittance or whatever and thought uh oh better not go in there.

I heard that where the creek comes in is good for cats, but that is just what a guy my dad works with said. I will give it a try sometime!

9. If you turn on Washington St. next to the Brooklyn Grill across from the fairgrounds it will take you to the other side of the spillover and there's alot of bank to fish there too.

10. Action , that is a nice pike. I hope to catch more. They put up a good fight.

Was that you at that hole sunday afternoon with a dog?

11. Caught a few bass, lost a good saugeye and caught a 3lb largemouth just before we left. Saw somebody down there today around 4:30, was that you guys? I yelled from the freeway and somebody looked up.

12. That was me and my brother there on sunday. I wasn't there today. Might go there tommorrow.

13. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

Thats a great Pike.......... tell me you didnt keep it and you released it unharmed :confused: ......... growing up we used to catch pike there ALL the time, as well in the little stillwater in Uhrichsville........another good spot for Pike was the overflow lake just to the right of 77 at the Holiday Inn exit.....used to be a Rinks Store there a long time ago....... not there now i am told...........

14. Heres a smallie I got on the Tusc.. All of the fish I catch get released unharmed for the most part. I put the stringer through the lip for the picture so I wouldn't have to hold her by the gills. I've turned back smallies over 4lb and saugeyes over 8lb and pike over 12 lb. The smallie in the pic. is just under 3lb.

Attached Files:

15. That is one nice smallmouth. The biggest i ever got out of the tusc. was 18in. not sure how much it weighed. Here is a pic of it.[​IMG]